We are seeking a detail-oriented, and interpersonal team player to join our industry-leading Writer & Publisher Relations team in London. Our team transitions new clients (songwriters and other publishing companies) into the Kobalt system and manages existing client accounts by serving as the administrative point of contact for any related queries.
This position will require someone to have very strong written and verbal communication skills as you need to be comfortable communicating with external clients and senior colleagues across all departments. Knowledge and understanding of music copyright and publishing is a bonus, however it’s more important you have previous experience and a keen interest in operational as well as customer service-focused roles.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, WRITER & PUBLISHER RELATIONS, AT KOBALT DO?
- Provide support to the Kobalt Writer & Publisher Relations team by way of various administrative tasks as well as day-to-day dealings with clients, responding to internal and external queries
- Help to ensure that Kobalt has all relevant information concerning existing compositions prior to signing new clients
- Work closely with other members of the team to support Kobalt’s mission to maintain the highest level of service to its clients
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous administrative and customer service experience is essential where you have developed both written and verbal communication skills, as well as a detail-driven mind-set with strong organization and prioritization skills
- You can demonstrate an ability to remain calm under pressure working autonomously to complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- You also have the ability to make effective and timely decisions in an environment where you are exposed to confidential information and material
- Fluent in Spanish, German or Swedish are advantageous, but not essential
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.