Contract terms: Full-time, permanent
Reporting to: Senior Copyright Manager, Head of Rights Management
Salary: Depending on experience
Company website: www.sentricmusicgroup.com
Sentric Music is looking for a Copyright Assistant to support the administration of music copyrights on behalf of our publishing partners and catalogue owners. If you have an eye for detail, are great at handling client relations and enjoy working with data; this is the chance to join our team of music enthusiasts and work alongside copyright societies across the world.
Company & Recruitment Background
Sentric Music is a rapidly growing music company with 70+ employees based across our offices in Liverpool, London, Hamburg, Mallorca and New York. The company uses cutting-edge technology to handle copyright and royalty administration for a large client base consisting of leading talent from across the spectrum of songwriters, music catalogue owners and record labels.
Working as part of our friendly Rights Management team in the creative Baltic Triangle area of Liverpool, the Copyright Assistant will specialise in servicing our B2B clients and liaise daily with them as well as collection societies globally to ensure all copyrights are registered accurately and all revenue is claimed efficiently. As a quickly expanding company, we offer internal routes for progression and training – this is a unique opportunity to develop a long-term career within music copyright.
Equal opportunities statement
We are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the community it serves at all levels of the organisation. We therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation.
- Act as first point of contact for Sentric Music’s artists & B2B clients (e.g. labels and rightsholders) via telephone, email, FreshDesk and Live Chat. Ensure that all queries are brought to a timely resolution, involving specialised teams as required.
- Assist Senior Copyright Manager with any B2B copyright matters, reporting back the resolution/outcome to Senior Copyright Manager.
- Assist the wider team with queries regarding B2B copyright matters.
- Assist B2B clients with account set-up and ingestion of works into Sentric Music’s publishing platform, as instructed by Senior Copyright Manager.
- Manage YouTube Content ID, registering and terminating assets, resolving conflicts and claiming usages of any represented assets. Pro-actively identify high-usage B2B works and register them with YouTube Content ID.
- Liaise with Sentric Music’s sub-publishers and PRO’s to coordinate a successful resolution of any matters and queries raised.
- Manage work relinquishments and outstanding global terminations of claims.
- Administer worldwide copyright disputes, liaising with sub-publishers, PRO’s, artists and counterclaimants to reach a resolution within deadline.
- Carry out regular new works and post-onboarding audits of recently acquired catalogue, in line with client management SLA’s.
- Process relevant Unclaimed Royalties files, make relevant claims and work with Activity Tracking Manager to identify unclaimed usages for B2B catalogues.
- Assist with special projects initiated by the wider Rights Management team division, Client Managers and Head of Rights Management, ensuring a qualitative and timely resolution of assigned project tasks.
- Assist the Royalty Team during key points throughout Sentric Music’s royalty distribution cycles.
- Assist B2B and B2A Copyright team with ad hoc duties to cover holiday periods etc.
- Music Business or Creative Industry studies are highly meriting.
- Previous work experience in a music organisation and/or administrative role is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel is essential.
- Knowledge of publishing and copyright is highly meriting.
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to structure and make relevant priorities of own workload.
- Ability to work under own initiative and plan own time to meet deadlines.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment, able to remain calm and focussed during peak times.
- Personable with strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and a drive to be accurate and thorough at all times.
- Analytical thinker with problem-solving skills.
- High level of numeracy is essential.
- Positive team player with a can-do attitude to service our artist and clients.
- Interest and knowledge of the music scene and associated industry, with a strong enthusiasm for emerging artists.
- Must have the right to work in the UK, otherwise application will not be considered.
- Perkbox employee benefits membership, offering discounted rates at gyms, restaurants, high-street shops and online retailers.
- Funded company social calendar.
- Christmas holiday shut-down period added on top of holiday entitlement.
- Employment Assistance Programme (EAP) including health, financial and counselling support.
To apply, please submit a single file containing your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject line “Copyright Assistant” by 9.00 AM 5th October 2020. Early applications are advised.