What is ICE?
ICE is the result of a big vision for the music industry that harnesses years of combined expertise in the multi-territory music market. We are the world’s first integrated processing hub offering copyright, online licensing and processing services.
Our customers include collecting societies, major and independent music publishers and digital service providers such as Facebook, Mixcloud and Soundcloud. We work to help ensure composers and songwriters are compensated accurately and fairly for the use of their Works.
As part of ICE, you will be working with some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated experts in the industry. We collaborate closely with our customers to continuously develop our products and services to ensure the best results.
You will have an ongoing responsibility to support, develop, coach, drive performance and engage a team of 15-20 Copyright Officers and to ensure, that the needs and expectations of our Copyright customers are met.
You are responsible for:
- Coaching and developing all team members (between 15 and 20 Copyright Officers)
- Responsible for team members’ career development
- Preparing and taking charge of goal and performance reviews
- Ensuring that the Copyright Services are delivered in accordance with the customer agreements (SLA´s)
- Actively working with team members, colleagues, and customers to provide support in the goal achievement
- Recommending and managing improvements to services and performance
- Collating and providing data / analysis as required
- Contributing to the resource planning and the recruitment activities when needed
- Responsible for HR related administrative tasks for the team (e.g. holiday approval, check working time)
- University Degree
- Confident in using MS Office
- At least 2 years of experience in the line management of people; in an international, dynamic environment would be a big plus (e.g. start up or midsize company)
- You have the capacity to engage and enthuse others
- Experience with coaching and performance management
- Demonstrable experience in creating, further developing and tracking performance metrics and KPI’s
- Strong communication skills, assertiveness and service orientation
- Excellent written and oral skills in English (company language is English)
We offer You:
- An international environment
- Free drinks (e.g. Coffee, Tea)
- BVG Ticket (AB)
- Flexible working times, Monday to Friday
In order for us to consider your application, we ask you to submit the following in English please:
- Your current CV
- A cover page that describes your motivation for applying to this position
- Salary expectations and earliest available starting date
If your experience and capabilities match our required qualifications outlined above, we are very much looking forward to your application.