Joining a global Corporate Finance team, the Junior Analyst will be based in our London office and highly involved with Kobalt’s deal processes. Working closely with our senior management team, strategy, creative and legal teams, the team will oversee all financial aspects of deals, complete the financial modelling and assist with post-closing integration and analysis.
Alongside the support of a more experienced financial analyst, you will undertake investment evaluations of all catalogue and company acquisitions as well as the signing of various bands, artists and songwriters. See below for what skills and experience we are looking for, but the ideal candidate for this position is ambitious but also flexible and can adapt to growing and changing environments. You also have a keen interest in the music industry and a passion for making the industry more fair and rewarding for creators.
WHAT DOES A JUNIOR ANALYST AT KOBALT DO?
- You support the team with financial valuation and cash flow analysis
- You help build financial models to evaluate the value of assets as well as assist in monitoring deal performance and forecasting
- You assist senior members of the team with catalogue and company acquisitions and other any other financial due diligence
- You may also be asked to conduct industry and deal specific research or support the team with various presentations
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- It’s preferred if you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or relevant Business degree
- You have also ideally interned in an investment environment such as investment banking, PE or VC, consultancy, intellectual property, investment management or with a major corporation
- You have strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data providing meaningful and useful analysis for decision making purposes so high proficiency in Excel is essential
- You have an ability to formulate opinions and discuss merits and weaknesses of potential investments is essential
- You are a team player with strong communication and presentation skills, ensuring clear and accurate presentation of findings to stakeholders
- You have an ability to efficiently manage multiple task, data inputs and stakeholders within tight deadlines and fast paced environments
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of offer.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.