Job Type: Full Time
Ideal Experience: 1-2 years at a Publishing, Sync, and/or Label (or related company)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are:
Koze Music Publishing is a full service publishing administration & sync agency based out of Los Angeles, California, Nashville and Auckland NZ. Our team consists of a driven group of like-minded, motivated individuals who embrace their passion for advocating our artists and songwriters in the captivating world of Sync Licensing and Music Publishing Administration.
Why Koze Might Be A Good Fit For You:
You’ll be working in an exciting and fast-paced environment across all aspects of sync and publishing – both creative and administrative. This will include creative tasks like creating playlists in responses to briefs, creating custom samplers and newsletters of music from our catalog, social media management, as well as administrative responsibilities like metadata tagging, organizing data and registering works at PRO’s and Mechanical societies.
What We’re Looking For:
A self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented, and creatively inclined sync and publishing coordinator to join our small but dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years minimum experience as a coordinator at a publisher, sync company, label, or music supervision company.The job will be a mix of being remote and meeting up in person with other team members 2-3 times per week. Pay is commensurate with industry standards and commission incentives.
The position offers a blend of remote work flexibility and regular face-to-face collaboration, as team members will convene in person 2-3 times per week.
At Koze, Here’s What Your Responsibilities Will Be:
- Assist with creative pitching on briefs to music supervisors
- A&R and onboarding new songwriters, artists, and bands
- Curation of samplers, playlists, general interaction with artists, managers, music supervisors, coordinators etc.
- DISCO catalog management including cleaning up of audio assets, album art, metadata etc.
- Building relationships with music supervisors, coordinators, ad agencies, and othercreatives.
- Research & maintain production schedules for TV shows, films, ads, video games
- Pub Admin duties will include: Income Tracking, resolving conflicts, YouTube monetization management, and assisting with registrations and auditing of compositions at PROs and Mechanical societies
- Create and design customized newsletters of featured content to be sent out to industry supervisors.
- Update and maintain our contact and distribution database
- Run and curate sync department’s social media accounts, create and coordinate posts
- Track upcoming music releases and coordinate advances for sync team
- Attend regular team meetings and communicate key releases and new catalog information to the rest of the team
- You have a high school level education, or equivalent (required). A Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- You work well with small teams and demonstrate great communication skills
- You are a self-starter, self-motivated, and take responsibility/ownership of tasks
- You are highly organized and very detail oriented
- You thrive in a busy environment, and can multitask and prioritize extremely well
- You demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, anticipate needs and help create efficient and effective processes
- You possess a thorough knowledge of industry standard musical terminology and language
- Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office, Social Media Platforms (Instagram, FB, Twitter), Google Docs & Spreadsheets
- Proficiency with DISCO or similar platforms (e.g. Synchtank)
- Bonus points if you have experience Airtable
- Ability to take initiative and jump quickly from creative tasks to more administrative responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has previous industry experience in sync licensing, music supervision, or an administrative position in the entertainment Industry
- Has strong self discipline, drive and is highly organized and self initiating
- Possesses a thorough understanding of sync licensing and publishing or is hungry to learn.
- Has a passion for music, film, television, and entertainment
- Enjoys going to concerts, discovering new music and staying on top of the latest music and trends
Why You Should Join The Koze Music team:
Koze Music has an amazing catalog of music, from a wide range of talented artists and songwriters across the globe. If you want to grow your experience and knowledge in all things sync and pub related, you will learn and help with every facet of this specialized corner of the music industry.
With Koze growing steadily and establishing itself as a go to sync & pub admin company, this position will be fast-paced & action packed – and comes with the opportunity for growth into a more advanced role within the company.
In addition to a competitive market salary, this role also offers enticing commission incentives to drive exceptional performance.
- Health Care Plans/options
- 401k Match plan
- Great PTO program
- Commission based incentives
Does This Sound Like The Right Fit For You? Want To Apply?
Please include a Resume/CV and a cover letter (optional) and email email@example.com with “Applying for the Sync | Pub Coordinator Position” as the email title.
If you don’t hear from us straight away, don’t worry. We’re taking our time to review all resumes and find the right person for the job.
Thanks for your interest in working at Koze Music!