At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
How we LEAD:
The position of Manager, Sync Licensing will work within the Sync Licensing & Publishing Administration team, handling a dynamic range of responsibilities to establish and grow Ingrooves Sync Department and revenue. The individual will work with the vast catalog of labels and artists signed to Ingrooves for distribution and master licensing rights as well as publishers and writers under Ingrooves Music Publishing. The individual will liaise with the creative synch community, international partners and different departments within Ingrooves to maximize and grow the synch licensing business.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Actively pitch and market Ingrooves master and publishing catalog to the Film, TV, Advertising and Gaming community to effectively procure and increase sync revenue
- Cultivate relationships with Ingrooves labels, artists and writers to maintain communication and confidence in our sync department
- Create, develop & maintain new and existing relationships in the licensing community including music supervisors, film and TV networks, advertising agencies, video game companies, etc.
- Oversee and track the conclusion of license deals with Licensing, Finance and Legal Teams
- Communicate with labels and artists to obtain advance music assets, instrumentals and help manage all music by maintaining and updating databases (DISCO).
- Manage and maintain the catalog of music assets and rights over multiple platforms, including metadata, album art, music file assets, etc..
- Work closely with Rights & Royalties Department to maintain streamlined processes across multiple departments
- Generate monthly reporting to communicate status of Sync business, including department goals/projections, confirmed uses, outstanding payments and general sync highlights
- Attend industry events such as conferences, panels, showcase and mixers to stay current and aware of upcoming sync opportunities
- Meet with or connect with new artists, labels, writers, and managers,to introduce them to the synch department/what we do.
- Maintain all licensing related spreadsheets and Music Maestro (deals, rights, inventory/finance).
- Provide synch history/status lists for labels/artists/writers when needed/follow up on pay-out for labels/artists/writers.
Bring your VIBE:
- 3-5 years experience with sync/pub experience, pitching, established relationships and history with music supervisors, production companies, ad agencies etc.
- Proven relationships with creative, licensing and A&R departments, Business Affairs offices and/or persons throughout the licensing/music industry.
- Ability to grow a licensing department and experience collaborating on a licensing team; with potential to oversee a sync coordinator
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.