Catch Point acquires and manages an exceptional portfolio of music rights and royalties across all genres and geographies for both music publishing and sound recordings. This position manages our music royalty administration, revenue assurance and analysis functions, working across the team and with our outside administrators. The role is responsible for onboarding new assets and tracking, analysing, and processing music publishing and sound recording royalties from multiple sources. This team member also registers titles and assures the accuracy of metadata associated with our copyrights at government entities, collective management organizations and DSPs globally. The role also supports the acquisition team’s due diligence, underwriting and valuation work. Ideally this role will be based in New York City but we are open to offering the opportunity to work remotely to strong candidates.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manages revenue assurance services tracking payments, sources and creating revenue variance analyses versus prior periods and plan
- Owns the onboarding function for newly acquired copyrights including registrations, changes of ownership, following up on letters of direction
- Maintains a strong knowledge base and ownership of assigned income sources including payment schedule, file layout details, unique source processing steps, and a strong relationship with income source contacts
- Supports catalog acquisitions by ingesting, analysing and modelling financials and royalty statements from targeted acquisitions
- Prepares ad hoc reporting on an as-needed basis
- Supports Catch Point’s process of continuous improvement – recommending process and technology enhancements
- 5+ years of experience in sound recording or publishing administration, royalty processing, or industry-related exposure
- Excellent communication skills, highly detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and other related programs
- A desire and ability to play a key role in the evolution of the firm’s administration systems and processes
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Careers@catchpointrights.com
Catch Point Rights Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.