What is ICE?
ICE is the result of a big vision for the music industry that harnesses years of combined expertise in the multi-territory music market. We are the world’s first integrated processing hub offering copyright, online licensing and processing services.
Our customers include collecting societies, major and independent music publishers and digital service providers such as Facebook, Mixcloud and Soundcloud. We work to help ensure composers and songwriters are compensated accurately and fairly for the use of their Works.
As part of ICE, you will be working with some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated experts in the industry. We collaborate closely with our customers to continuously develop our products and services to ensure the best results.
We are looking for an Online Operations Data Specialist (m/f/d) – Fixed term 2-year contract.
The Online Operations Data Specialist supports the daily business in partnership with the Online Operations Management Team. They do this through maintaining and developing the existing BI solution, workflow and trend analyses, and providing operational guidance for departmental workload priorities in line with service-level obligations. The role is expected to generate, analyse, and present information for key operational and business activities through relevant, accurate, and timely business management information.
The role will operate in a fast-paced environment, requiring an ability to coordinate, analyse, and maintain oversight of the ever-growing expectations of the worldwide online market.
You are responsible for:
Work in partnership
- with Team Managers and the Director to understand and analyse the monthly processing requirements and the resulting reporting requirements.
- with Team Managers to better understand and display the end to end process.
- with the central Data & Analytics Team to execute ICE’s Business Intelligence strategy, including the testing and deployment of new technologies and methodologies.
- with Team Managers by providing the entire depth and breadth of performance data. This data would include performance against customer demand and volumes; delivery of workload categories; performance against workload complexities and individual performance statistics and competencies, enabling a Team Manager to effectively manage the work.
- Responsible for driving high data quality standards across the BI landscape to support the internal teams, handling all dashboards and ensuring integrity of data reporting.
- Highlight exceptions and anomalies in the data to the relevant manager(s) for resolution and provide explanations and remedies in cooperation with IT and the Data & Analytics Team.
- Build up a comprehensive understanding of the Online Operations data structure in order to ensure the integrity of the used data and calculations are correctly displayed.
Design and Development
- Further develop, test and implement complex BI dashboards across various models integrating reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Create new dimensions and measures using Set Analysis.
- Maintain knowledge on the latest Qlik and other BI technology and best practices keeping up to date with new changes in the Qlik environment via Qlik community.
- Perform complex data analysis and system profiling to create clear data definitions.
- Ensure any new business requirements are captured for implementation within future developmental phases to ensure continuous iterative improvement of BI system.
- A minimum of 3+ years in providing analytical support and influencing operational decision making within medium to large organisations, gained either within a data analytical role or in-company operational team.
- Experience working with RDBMS, AWS Redshift, Maria DB and Oracle.
- Programming experience in Python and/or R is a plus.
- Understanding of Analytical Processing, Data Mining and Data Warehousing.
- Strong numeric/analytical skills to solve problems and identify opportunities, potential risks and impacts on the operational area.
- Experience in data visualization using tools like Qlik Sense, QuickSight or Power BI.
- Uses own knowledge and expertise to provide clarity on complex issues.
- Can communicate information in a meaningful and accessible way for all stakeholders.
- Seeks regular feedback on own performance to develop.
- Fluent in English is required, German speaking is a plus.
We offer You:
- A modern working space in an international environment
- Free drinks (e.g. Coffee, Tea)
- Free fruit on a regular basis
- BVG Ticket (AB)
- Flexible working times, Monday to Friday
- Fixed term 2-year contract
In order for us to consider your application, we ask you to submit the following:
- Your current CV
- A cover page that describes your motivation for applying to this position
If your experience and capabilities match our required qualifications outlined above, we are very much looking forward to your application (only online). Please include your earliest available starting date.