Based in the City of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 24 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, business management services for artists and managers, and royalty audits.
We are seeking a Qualified Accountant to join the Royalties Department
- To prepare year end accounts for Limited Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships and sole traders.
- To prepare Management Accounts
- Business management to handle a client portfolio and be the main pint of contact for allocated clients.
- To work with bookkeepers and trainee accountants in order to meet client compliance requirements
- To assist with ad hoc projects that may arise.
Skills, Knowledge Experience, Attitudes and Behaviours
- Qualified ACCA/ACA
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice
- Interest in the Music Industry
Knowledge and Attitudes and Behaviours Required
- Good working knowledge of CCH Accounts Production Software or similar and Sage Line 50
- Good working knowledge of Excel);
- Ability to produce Accounts Working Papers to high quality standard;
- Ability to exercise judgement and consideration in respect of presentation of financial information, e.g.
- General understanding of work undertaken by and issues concerning all C.C. Young & Co. departments (Personal Tax, Corporation Tax, Royalties & Audit, and Company Secretarial).
- Ability to prioritise workload;
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce accurate work whilst under pressure;
- Ability to use time in the office efficiently in order to achieve maximum level of productivity;
- Awareness of chargeable time vs non-chargeable time
- Ability to work to a budget; and
- Awareness of clients’ “ability to bear”.
- Ability to work well with others.
C C Young & Co Ltd is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org