Based in the city of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients. Colin Young established the firm in 1998.
Over the past 21 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, and business management services for artists and managers.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Department/location: Touring and Business Management Department
Main Purpose of Job
- To prepare books and records for Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships where appropriate for level of experience and training as instructed by the Team Leader;
- To assist with the day to day running of clients’ affairs, to include liaising with tour managers, artist management, and the Accountants in the business management department etc;
- To assist the Team Leaders with projects that may arise that are suitable to level of experience; and
- To assist other teams/ departments when necessary as instructed by the Manager.
Duties will include:
Maintaining the books and records using Sage Line 50. This will include:
- Posting bank and tour float transactions and reconciling at month end
- Raising and posting sales invoices, reviewing outstanding debtors and assisting with debtor collection
- Posting purchase invoices, reviewing outstanding creditors and reconciling supplier statements
- Posting credit card transactions and reconciling statements
- Reviewing agency statements, posting all transactions and reconciling against debtorso Preparing VAT Returns and EC Sales on Sage in line with the new Making Tax Digital requirements
- Corresponding with Artist Management and wider artist team including booking agents, tour managers and insurers to assist with day to day running of the touring activities.
- Daily review of banking and cashflow for all clients and to set up all approved bank payments.
- To correspond with suppliers and artist management to gain approval on purchase invoices to pay.
- To correspond with booking agents to gain contracts for upcoming shows, raise sales invoices and send out to the promoters.
- Assisting the client holder with tax mitigation on foreign tours and final accounting required.
- To correspond with record labels for tour support requests and back end reporting.
- Assisting the Team Leader and Head of Department with ad hoc projects that may arise.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Attitudes and Behaviours
Skills & Qualifications:
- Subject to entry level / stage of qualification;
- Minimum of one year’s office experience;
- Previous use of Sage desired but not essential;
Knowledge and Attitudes and Behaviours Required:
- Ability to multi-task;
- Good use of time management;
- Attention to detail;
- “Go – with – the – flow” attitude; i.e. ability to be able to change the plan in order to accommodate urgent matters which may occur during the day;
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication with staff and clients, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work to deadlines; and
- Ability to work well with others.
- Keen interest in the Music Industry
To apply please email your CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com