one77 Music – A&R Admin – New York, NY
The ideal candidate has experience confirming song splits, tagging audio, and familiarity with publishing administration software.
Deadline: September 30, 2019
one77 Music is a strategically designed music publishing company aimed to deliver the highest level of personal service and to maximize value and efficiency for our songwriters and publishing partners. Founded by Jennifer Blakeman in 2018, one77 is already making its presence felt with BMI and ASCAP award winning songs and songwriters and a growing collection of chart-topping singles in a variety of genres.
Why one77 Music might be right for you:
This position is ideal for someone with a focus for the details, but the ability to understand the bigger creative picture. Someone that can work independently in completing assignments and prioritize effectively in a dynamic work environment. This position would provide the opportunity to work directly with a deeply experienced and knowledgeable team and to gain a hands-on, holistic understanding of the functions and practices of a Music Publisher from creative, administrative and royalty perspectives.
- Coordinate new song deliveries: Communicate with writers and managers to confirm song splits, and with the administration department to ensure accurate collection and registration of titles.
- Ingest new titles into the Music Maestro Database.
- Accurately Metadata incoming audio and upload into Synchtank.
- Track writer demo bills and expenses
- Keep accurate records of sync placements, new releases and writer opportunities
- Post relevant news, sync placements and featured writers to One77 website and social media sites
- Curate feature playlists including new releases, holiday themes, and pitch playlists for music supervisors
- Maintain shared local event and concert schedule for writers and affiliated artists.
- Exercise a high level of discretion when handling confidential information
- Support C-suite executives as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- A College Degree from a Music Business or similar program preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in Music Publishing or other directly relevant Music Industry experience
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and other Office Suite products
- Experience with Synchtank or other audio cataloging/online platform
- Experience with Music Maestro or other Counterpoint software is strongly preferred
- The ability to communicate clearly is essential for any prospective candidate
- A strong passion for music of all genres and eras with a focus on contemporary trends in music, songwriters and artists
one77 is a company focused on growing in both the near term and the long term, and we are looking for candidates to grow with us as we continue to develop our roster and to seek new opportunities for our clients. This is a unique opportunity for a passionate and self-motivated individual to join a successful team and Music Company.
We invite all eligible applicants to apply—don’t be discouraged if you do not receive an immediate response. We are taking our time to assess each applicant and will contact those who we think could be the right fit. Thank you in advance for your interest in one77 Music!
To apply, please send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note one77 Music is an equal opportunity employer.