A&R Coordinator – Music Vine
- Full-time (40hrs pw)
- £22,000 to £30,000 p/annum (dependent on experience)
- Annual leave: 28 days + bank holidays
- Application deadline: Friday 1 July 2022
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: Leeds
About Music Vine & Uppbeat
A Leeds-based start-up launched in 2015, Music Vine has built a reputation as one of the world’s leading music licensing platforms for video professionals. At the heart of the company is a mission to democratise music licensing, providing productions of all scales with access to world-class music, while operating a model that is fair for artists.
In January 2021, Music Vine launched a brand new platform, Uppbeat, which is poised to revolutionise how YouTubers and other content creators access music, while enabling musicians to earn from a booming untapped market.
Working within our Catalogue Team and reporting to our A&R Manager, the core focuses of your role will be to drive strategic catalogue growth and to ensure high standards are upheld in building a catalogue that our users love, while providing our artist community with an excellent service and always looking out for and representing their interests.
Your core remits will involve a combination of music review, processing new music submissions, catalogue curation and artist communications (mostly via email), in addition to onboarding new artists. There will also be plenty of opportunity for creative & collaborative projects with other departments of the business.
Serving as a pillar of dependability, positivity & trust for our artists, another key part of your role is building rapport with artists, and constantly working to foster creativity and engagement amongst our community.
As A&R Coordinator you will:
- Be a friendly, dependable and knowledgeable port-of-call for our artists.
- Manage and review music submissions, applying both a critical ear and commercial awareness, and providing clear & constructive feedback to artists.
- Work to foster an inspired and engaged artist community and be an advocate of the brands’ values and ambitions.
- Publish new tracks on the platforms, including the application of categories, tags and payment information.
- Manage and review artist applications, including the onboarding process for new artists.
- Contribute to the analysis and strategy underpinning our catalogue growth, applying initiative to identify commercial and creative opportunities.
- Work on creative projects (both autonomously and within the team) including setting creative briefs for artists, initiating collaborations and curating playlists.
- Actively contribute ideas within the Catalogue Team to continuously improve both catalogue processes and the experience for artists.
Experience & Skills
- You must be able to demonstrate an excellent critical ear and broad judgement across key disciplines of music production, including mixing, mastering, musical arrangement & structure, & musicianship.
- A professional background in and/or degree-level qualification in music production (or equivalent course).
- A broad knowledge of musical styles, instruments, production techniques and terminology.
- Great communication & professionalism, with a natural ability to be clear, affable and sensitive.
- Some knowledge of filmmaking/video creation & an awareness of how music can be used to support editing styles (advantageous).
- Some literacy with spreadsheets (advantageous).
Why Work at Music Vine?
- Be part of an industry-shaping company which is revolutionising the way content creators access music.
- Be part of a vibrant, dynamic team with a friendly ethos and great work ethic.
- Have an impact! At a startup, every team-member counts. Enjoy the opportunity to contribute directly & help shape the company’s journey.
- Scope for growth. We are a company with ambitious plans – that means plenty of opportunity for career progression and personal growth.
- Work with flexibility. We operate flexi-time and will only require partial hours to be worked in the office.
- Whether it’s Friday drinks, quarterly meals on the company or an Xmas outing, we work hard but make sure to enjoy ourselves along the way!
How To Apply
To apply, simply email a cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the email subject of “A&R Coordinator”. Your cover letter should be no longer than 400 words – we want to hear why you’re a great fit for this role, what you’d bring to Music Vine and anything else you’d like to share to support your application. Your application must also include:
- How soon you could start if you are offered the position
- Where you heard about the vacancy
We are reviewing applicants as we receive them (though all applications made prior to the application deadline will be considered) and will confirm invitations to interview via email for successful applications.
Good luck, we look forward to receiving your application!