Joining a tight-knit team based in Los Angeles, the Assistant, Synch Clearance is responsible for the critical task of clearing, negotiation and finalizing synchronization license requests originating out of North and Latin America. This includes working across a wide range of creative media including TV, film, video games as well as independent and student films, internet-based requests.
Liaising directly with our clients, as well as working closely with internal teams such as Client Admin and our Creative department, you have to demonstrate strong communication and relationship building skills, as well as the ability to manage a heavy workload in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
This is a fantastic learning opportunity for anyone passionate about synch to join a world class team, representing world class creators.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, SYNCH CLEARANCE AT KOBALT DO?
- You handle incoming synch requests and manages the end to end synch licensing process with prospective licensees for a wide range of media areas for North and Latin America
- You effectively communicate with Kobalt clients to obtain approval for synchronization licensing requests
- You process high volumes of music clearances and client requests in a timely manner as well as support the team logging, maintaining and managing licensing deals in our internal database
- You work closely with negotiators and client admin teams to troubleshoot split discrepancies and develop a strong level of knowledge for Kobalt’s internal rights management system and database
- You show a keen interest in the synch industry, monitoring any trends and strategies used by production companies to clear and license music
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous clearance experience is ideal, but you must have relevant industry experience and can demonstrate a knowledge of music licensing, copyright and show an understanding of key terms in both publishing and master rights
- Is deadline driven, and can demonstrate an ability to handle and prioritize a large volume of work efficiently
- Interpersonal with highly adaptable communication skills, and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Enthusiastic team player, who is keen to help out wherever needed
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.