We have an exciting opportunity for a Billings & Collections Assistant to join our Finance department on a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract team working at our Kings Cross office.
PRS for Music Limited is the UK’s leading collection society, bringing together two collection societies: the Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society and the Performing Right Society. We undertake collective rights management for musical works on behalf of over 140,000 members.We pay royalties to our members when their work is performed, broadcast, streamed, downloaded, reproduced, played in public or used in film and TV. We support them by influencing policy, supporting and hosting awards and events, and investing in new technology to ensure we’re fit for the digital music age.
About the Role
We are looking for a strong Billings & Collections Assistant who can join our busy team and hit the ground running for this 6-month fixed term contract.
The main responsibilities for this role can be categorised as follows:
- On a daily basis, working closely with the treasury teams, covering all allocated areas within PRSfM and companies to which PRSfM provide services under SLA to ensure prompt allocation and matching of receipts to assist in wider teams KPIs in accordance with contract/agreement/SLA. This is currently in the region of 15 bank accounts in both sterling and multi-currency.
- Reconcile both customer and control accounts
- Processing refunds as required
- Reconciling 3rd party accounts of a monthly basis to ensure any re-charge are passed to the Billings team with a view of invoicing out
- Control, reconciling of bad debt provisions
- Complete month end processes and reports in a timely and accurate manner, investigating any queries by liaising with other departments/teams where necessary
- Develop and produce internal documentation around all processes within the team, to ensure continuous improvement
- Supporting process improvement projects within team to add greater value to Finance processes
- Additional work as required to support the functions of the department/business including the posting of journals, system testing etc.
The salary for this role is circa £25,000 per annum (pro-rata), depending on experience.
The successful candidate will have previous experience within a similar receivable’s role alongside excellent account management and customer service skills. You will have strong financial systems knowledge (preferably of CODA and salesforce) with proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook. You will have an assertive, yet professional telephone manner coupled with good written communication skills. You also strive under pressure and pride yourself on meeting tight deadlines.
PRS for Music is a forward-thinking music copyright company with a focus on being the number one rights management company in the world.
We live by our values they are deeply ingrained in our company culture. We want to help you grow throughout your career, so we have plenty of development opportunities for you.
We run a number of well-being activities throughout the year and encourage flexible working and a relaxed dress code.
We also have a number of perks including roof terraces on both sites, regular live music events, subsidised cafes, corporate discounts including gym membership and home working.
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you – either apply with your CV or send your CV to email@example.com.