Based in the City of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy, audit valuations and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 25 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, business management services for artists and managers, and royalty audits.
It is seeking a Senior Royalties Accountant to join the Royalties Team.
JOB TITLE: Senior Royalties Accountant DEPARTMENT: Royalties
Who you are:
You will have a passion for all things Accountancy with a particularly keen interest in the Music industry.
You’ll be already working in a similar role and looking for more opportunities to develop your accountancy skills and learn in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do:
- Preparation of Year End Financial Statements for Limited Companies and Sole Traders
- Preparation of Quarterly Management Accounts
- Carrying out review of quarterly VAT returns
- To assist in the preparation of the bi-annual artist royalty ledgers and reconciliationback to accounts.
- Responding to client queries as they arise
- Preparation of Personal Tax returns
- To assist the Head of Department with ad hoc projects as they arise
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years+ working at a music industry accounting firm or similar.
- Experience in Accounts Preparation Required
- Knowledge of CCH Accounts Production (not essential)
Knowledge and Attitudes and Behaviours Required
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a primary focus on Word and Outlook;
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Friendly, helpful attitude;
- Attention to detail;
- “Go – with – the – flow” attitude; i.e. ability to be able to change the plan in order to accommodate urgent matters which may occur during the day
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce accurate work whilst under pressure;
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients:
- Client Meetings (e.g. presenting result to management, communication with lawyers etc)
- Ability to use time in the office efficiently in order to achieve maximum level of productivity;
- Awareness of chargeable time vs non-chargeable time o Ability to work to a budget; and
- Awareness of clients’ “ability to bear”.
- Ability to work well with others.
C C Young & Co Ltd is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination, and in which all decisions are based on merit.