We are looking for an extraordinary, tech-savvy Content Creator with a passion for Technology and Music to write and create various types of content to expand our company’s digital footprint and drive awareness and interest in Songtradr.
This role is important to building the brand. You will collaborate with designers, the product team, the marketing team, sales professionals, external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant, engaging content that captivates the key stakeholders and our audience.
If you are highly creative and an excellent writer, we want to talk with you! Opportunity to work out of either the Santa Monica, California office or London, UK office.
Songtradr’s mission is to create access to music for everyone, everywhere, around the world — to make music, share music, license music, and listen to music. Our agnostic philosophy and technology invites the entire music industry to participate and collaborate — from artists to music platforms, to licensees and listeners — there are no competitors, only participants.
In this role you will:
- Create and copy-edit digital content and marketing materials to engage our audiences and amplify the brand. Write emails, blog posts, thought leadership pieces, online and print ads, newsletters, case studies, landing pages, presentations, and web content
- Be the voice of Songtradr and implement strategies across all social media platforms in consultation with the marketing team (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, etc). Actively listen and develop relationships with influencers across our social media community
- Write ad copy for websites, commercials, print, and other advertising mediums
- Contribute to and create rich content for the editorial calendar, as well as plan for future content needs based on audience data and feedback metrics
- Review content and recommend usability improvements, including content clarity, brevity, subject lines and calls to action
- Develop copy for a full range of creative/marketing ideas from concept through digital/printed materials with an emphasis on creating compelling narratives
- Understand how to engage the global music community, made up of artists and buyers. Equally important is understanding the tech business and writing on behalf of Songtradr for the C-suite and investor community
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders
- Extensive experience as a writer with an outstanding portfolio of diverse writing samples like web page content, ebooks, blog posts, case studies, and promotional emails
- Previous experience building a social community with strong knowledge of and experience with social platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and SnapChat, with a command of each platform and their best practices
- Hands-on experience with content management systems (e.g. WordPress) and familiarity with SEO
- Excellent editing, proofreading and project management skills with attention to detail
- Understanding of content marketing considerations, including visual hierarchy, email subject lines, headlines, calls to action, open rates and conversions, as well as the ability to frame content for on-page and off-page optimization
- Be an excellent communicator with an ability to write and present options to the leadership team, championing the copy through final approval
- Mastery of all things grammar
- Have produced copy for above and below the line advertising with experience in branding/identity, conceptual copy, creative concept development
- Be a motivated self-starter, and embrace change while staying ahead in a fast-paced environment
- Love commerce, popular culture, new advertising trends and techniques, technology, entertainment, and music industries
We are a passionate group of musicians, thinkers, builders, coders, business professionals and artist advocates with a simple mission; to create access to music for everyone, everywhere, around the world. Our world-class content management system arms music makers with a comprehensive set of tools and services to professionally manage their careers, while our automated marketplace and talented music supervisors streamline the music discovery and licensing process. For more information, visit songtradr.com.
Songtradr is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.