A vibrant music agency with offices based in West London and LA are looking for a personable, experienced and motivated individual to take on the role of Music Finance Coordinator within this expanding company.
COOL Music Ltd represents some of the finest Oscar, Bafta and Ivor Novello award winning Film, TV and Games composers in the UK and US. As well as acting as composer agents, COOL also contracts musicians for all the recordings through its orchestra, the Chamber Orchestra Of London and releases soundtracks through its in-house label Dubois Records.
This role will involve day to day accounting across multiple projects; liaising with international clients, recording studios and production companies; as well as maintaining and developing efficient office systems.
You will be required to work on your own initiative, with absolute attention to detail, have excellent communication and numerical skills as well as a flexible approach towards work and a great sense of humour.
The ability to work with numbers across complex budgets is critical to this role.
- To liaise with production companies on contracts and generate invoices for composer and musicians’ fees. Record and, if necessary, chase payment of fees.
- Use Xero software to accurately keep company accounts and for bank reconciliation.
- Manage multiple budgets across a variety of projects. Make and record accurate payment of general expenses/supplier invoices, and generate self-billing invoices, making accurate payments to clients using the online banking system.
- Assist the musicians’ contractor and composer agents on film and television projects, generating invoices and updating spreadsheet records. Some personal and travel management duties may be required from the Director.
- Maintain and update financial records.
- Answer general calls when in the office.
Part-time (2/3 days per week)
Flexible working hours
Some remote working a possibility
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an office environment
- Experience of working accurately to deadlines with good attention to detail
- Finance/ accounting experience
- Project coordination
- Experience working with composers/ musicians
Skills/ Abilities/ Knowledge
- Excellent numerical and financial skills
- Able to use a variety of software packages: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Xero
- A high level of organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative and take the lead on projects and tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Media Industry (Film/ TV)
- Great sense of integrity and humour
- Good telephone manner – it is vital that you maintain a friendly and positive working relationship with clients
- A hard working, dedicated attitude and flexible approach to work
- Interest in / knowledge of the music and/or production industries