We are seeking a Coordinator to support our Synch Licensing Admin & Income Tracking team in London. The team is responsible for all synch licensing as well as the synch royalty processing for UK and European markets by tracking, receiving, and processing all payments deriving from the use of our clients’ compositions in tv, film, video games, advertising and other media.
This position will require you to have some understanding of sync licensing and royalty tracking. You are also curious, target driven and proactive as well as numerical and analytical. This is a role ideally suited to someone who enjoys problem solving in a fast-paced environment, and deals with pressure but remains optimistic and persistent to ensure our clients copyrights are properly protected when licensed and that they get paid accurately and efficiently.
This is an exciting and challenging role with plenty of scope to grow in a global team that is close-knit and super supportive of each other.
WHAT DOES A COORDINATOR FOR SYNCH LICENSING ADMIN AND INCOME TRACKING AT KOBALT DO?
- You will support the Senior Manager who runs a small team which drafts and issues a high volume of long-form synchronisation licenses and invoices
- You will provide support to the Senior Income Tracking Coordinator in the reconciling and processing of override and royalty statements
- You will be responsible for issuing mid-value long-form synch licenses to our licensee clients, including handling some negotiation of redline requests
- You will be responsible for issuing invoices to our licensee clients.
- You will run regular reports for the department and the wider company for analysis purposes
- You will be responsible for the licensing quality control process and the updating of internal systems
- You will work with other Kobalt departments such as finance to procure necessary forms for licensees to make payments to Kobalt
- You will play a key role in answering and evolving all forms of synch licensing questions, with topics including but not limited to, TV, Games, Film, Streaming, Online including new social media platforms and applications.
- You will develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Kobalt’s global licensing processes and systems, run regular reports and analysis for the department as well as continuously analyse existing business processes to design workflows and implement improvements
- You will work closely across all Kobalt departments and business areas such as Finance, Legal, Creative A&R, Royalties and Tech.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are an autonomous individual with a willingness to learn and grow
- You have a good understanding of music publishing and music rights terminology
- You have some experience in long-form synch licensing and are able to respond to enquiries, offer feedback and in some cases negotiate key points.
- You have a good understanding of income and royalty tracking in the music industry
- You are a natural communicator and able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- You also have an analytical mind-set, enjoy working with large data sets and a natural ability to view and solve problems
- You are passionate about making the industry more fair and rewarding for artists, so being a music fan and someone who enjoys working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is a must!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like The Weeknd, Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
WHAT MEMBERS OF THE TEAM SAY
“One of the most exciting aspects of working at Kobalt is being able to interact daily with many young artists and exciting new talents, coming from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. I also love being surrounded by an exceptional team of music lovers that challenge and inspire me every day.” – Giulio Mauchigna, UK Synch
“Kobalt is a great place to work, outside of your role there are lots of opportunities to meet people in different teams and do good for the community inside Kobalt and out! We organise a social event at least every quarter and of course there is the much needed Friday drinks where you can grab a nice cold bev and catch up with everyone!” – Charlotte Day, UK Synch
“Kobalt is a great company that truly listens to their staff, they have great benefits and the atmosphere is like one big family. There is always something happening, whether it be Wellbeing Month, an indoor Christmas market or a quiz night. The catalogue we represent is immense and ever growing. It’s an exciting company to be a part of.” – Alaine Fulton, UK Synch
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of offer.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.