Primary Wave Music Publishing was founded in 2006 and specializes in the acquisition and unique marketing of iconic and legendary music catalogs.
Over the years the company has acquired the copyrights of over 25,000 songs from the catalogs of legendary artists such as Bob Marley, Smokey Robinson, The Four Seasons, Whitney Houston, Paul Anka, Burt Bacharach, Sly & The Family Stone, Boy George & Culture Club, Glenn Gould, Count Basie, Tom Hamilton (Aerosmith), Tommy Shaw (Styx), Leon Russell, Bill Gaither, Boston, Dave Navarro, Donny Hathaway, Air Supply, Ray Charles, Thievery Corporation, and many others. As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of catalogs that not only reflect great songwriting, but moments of culture. Primary Wave has strategically grown over the last 14 years into a full-service music company that includes Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Publicity, Film/TV and commercial synchronization.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind who will be responsible for compiling and analyzing all royalty transactional and contract data. This position will play an integral role in the development and maintenance of systems designed to collect and organize data around catalogs, assets, and transactions. The role reports to the Royalties & Data Analyst and will work closely with the marketing and licensing teams.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Preparing management reports to track and analyze Net Publisher’s Share across income types
- Mining and manipulating large volumes of data to track and project sales trends; working with the creative team to help make analytical decisions
- Maintaining accurate records for all new deals:
- Ensuring all track and song data details are obtained from seller and able to be ingested to royalty system
- Researching composition details to ensure accuracy (ISRC’s, non-seller writer/publisher PRO & IPI’s, correct publisher name)
- Helping to ensure contract terms are accurately reflected in internal systems
- Helping to ensure all transactional data is loaded into systems timely and accurately
- Ensuring current and future systems accurately process transactional data in accordance with deal terms
- Analyzing data to ensure earnings are flowing properly through Digital Service Providers, Performing Rights Organizations, and other Collective Management Organizations; filing claims with third parties where necessary
- Helping to ensure compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations
- Using best practices to improve efficiency of processes and analysis
- Communicating regularly and effectively with the team regarding all major issues impacting data and reporting
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with 2+ years of relevant work experience in music or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of exposure to music royalty reports and/or data analysis.
- Some accounting and/or finance experience required.
- Proficiency in SQL; proven track record of ability to create reports, dashboards, and data visualizations using Power BI, Metabase, Tableau, or similar tools.
- Ability to synthesize data and create reports from scratch.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to prioritize tasks.
- Must be self-motivated with an intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
We offer exceptional benefits, to our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer and an excellent career path. We provide one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including a healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays, and life insurance.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this great opportunity, please go to: http://ejob.bz/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27422502
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.