We’re looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to join AWAL’s recordings team and work with our incredible and growing roster of emerging and already established talent from all over the world, including Lauv, Tom Misch, Nick Cave, Snoh Aalegra, Little Simz, Girl In Red, Everything Everything, Steve Lacy, FINNEAS, and many more. AWAL is focused on artist and audience development at a granular level globally. Using data and audience insights to drive bespoke creative marketing executions, we pride ourselves on taking a focused & collaborative approach across our teams for the benefit of our independent artists.
Based out of our London office and reporting to the Vice President, Marketing you will be working closely with UK & International marketing teams as well as our US-based digital marketing counterparts. As our resident digital expert, you will be responsible for conceiving and executing best-in-class digital marketing campaigns and initiatives working across multiple platforms to grow audiences & followers as well as maximize engagement for new and developing AWAL Recordings artists.
You are most likely already working in the music industry in a similar role with an excellent understanding of all digital platforms and abreast of current music industry developments. You also need to be highly organised and methodical, but able to bring creativity, enthusiasm, and fresh ideas to the table. As much as this position requires a great deal of strategic thinking and planning, you are still a “doer” and someone who is very hands-on in their approach to work.
AWAL Recordings is the recorded-music division of Kobalt. Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 700 people based across 13 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER AT AWAL DO?
- Conceive industry-leading digital marketing initiatives; social media strategies, using experience and expertise to formulate original and ground-breaking ideas.
- Set up and manage digital advertising campaigns whilst ensuring spends are effectively maximized to achieve campaign goals.
- Originate assets as required for social media and advertising campaigns.
- Compile and analyse reports, using data from Kobalt’s streaming analytics platform alongside third-party platforms and dashboards, and present back to the marketing and management teams.
- Run digital health checks at the outset of campaigns, advise clients on how to optimize their online channels and profiles.
- Source and develop strategic relationships with influencers across social media and YouTube.
- Drive digital best practices through the company.
- Manage and develop relationships with digital platforms.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Advanced experience working closely with artists and managers, digital platforms, and Digital Marketing in the music industry
- Proven track record in building social numbers and followers
- A keen eye for cutting edge, engaging creative content
- An understanding of cultural trends amongst niche, youth-audiences in the UK and globally
- Organised self-starter with the capacity to manage an often intense workload and work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills at all levels is key
- Presence as well as ambition to continuously improve and with a drive to approach each campaign with enthusiasm and innovative/creative mind-set