BAM Music (www.bammusic.com) is a new generation, independent boutique music services company.
Since 2017, we have grown rapidly and today are 20 people with offices in Paris, London, Montreal, Los Angeles, and Shanghai. Born out of Montreal’s hip Mile End in 2007 and headquartered in Paris’ artsy “9ème” neighborhood, we are an ever-expanding cooperative of indie labels, boutique catalogs and music architects from around the globe.
At BAM, we move fast, are consumed by music & media, and love challenging ideas while breaking boundaries. We push teams to be autonomous, agile, and creative. Our philosophy: from customer focus will come the truth. Our mantra: The good old days are now!
This role presents a unique opportunity for an innovative sales professional and team player who loves making an impact and is results-driven. You will play an active part in taking BAM’s US operations to the next level and contribute to the overall success of the global company. You will be responsible for building our growth strategy, leading the sales efforts, securing sync placements, and providing outstanding client support while helping increase BAM’s awareness in the industry.
- As a small indie in a very competitive industry, we believe that exceptional customer service is paramount to success and would expect you to provide efficient, innovative and industry leading service for creators – Music Supervisors, Editors, Production Managers, Creative Directors, Directors – understanding and fulfilling all their creative music solution needs and advising on all licensing queries.
- You will drive our sales strategy and be responsible for finding, developing and nurturing meaningful, long-term relationships and business with existing and new clients, and building new areas of business from scratch.
- You will support the marketing team with ideas and initiatives for lead generation and client engagement; e.g., email marketing campaigns, social media and events.
- You will gather feedback from clients and contacts about their search, discovery and usage of our website and music to constantly improve user experience and exceed needs.
- You will amplify the BAM brand and nurture relationships through attending sync music industry events, participating in client trade shows and meeting with clients in person when possible.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You are passionate about music and are an active member of the US music licensing, publishing or sync community with at least 5 years of experience.
- You love researching new business, finding new angles within traditional business models and taking the initiative for driving new revenue.
- You have an enviable LinkedIn profile and a well-established, extensive network of existing clients within the media industry with whom you have excellent relationships.
- You love a well-crafted email and a beautifully organized CRM.
- You are passionate about TV, Film, Advertising, Games and Branding and have a good understanding of how music works with picture.
- You stay up to date with industry, production and technology trends as it relates to music and audio-visual content and the post-production industry.
- You love meeting new people, making connections and building networks.
- You have an entrepreneurial personality with the ability to take ownership and initiative in a flexible and innovative working environment.
- A great team and fun working atmosphere
- Hybrid work environment – work from home with regular in person team workdays and industry event attendance
- Annual seminar: Los Angeles 3 years ago, then London, Paris …. Where next?
- Commission Plan
This is an independent contractor role based in the Los Angeles or New York area with the possibility to travel to meet with clients in key markets.
Responsibilities may adjust as needed.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to USAJobs@bam.mu and make sure you mention you found this job on Synchtank.