We’re looking for a DSP Operations Manager to join the Digital Operations team at AWAL, Kobalt’s unique alternative to the traditional record label.
Based in our London office, this role will be responsible for ensuring the quality and success of AWAL’s digital music distribution, release schedule delivery to digital platforms, troubleshooting supply chain issues, managing operational relationships with key partners, and working closely with our technical team to review and optimise supply chain processes. This role will also work closely with our Release Management, Label Management and Digital Accounts teams to ensure operational best practice is understood and enacted across the business.
WHAT DOES A DSP OPERATIONS MANAGER AT AWAL DO?
- Operational and technical management of AWAL’s digital music distribution partnerships, including dedicated account ownership and relationships with key DSPs (such as iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, Facebook, Amazon, and TikTok)
- Expert in AWAL’s digital delivery specifications and supply chain systems and workflows, including identification, planning, and implementation of new features and upgrades to support AWAL’s digital distribution capabilities
- Management and resolution of operational and technical issues relating to AWAL’s digital distribution to DSPs
- Ownership of back catalogue and new release digital distribution activities for DSPs, including ensuring optimised and accurate content availability at DSPs
- Provide timely resolutions and structured feedback for artist-facing teams when issues are reported
- Management of new DSP on-boarding and integration with AWAL’s supply chain systems
- Management of DSP off-boarding and termination
- Definition and implementation of DSP-specific end-to-end digital distribution workflows and processes across AWAL
- Training, education, communication, and collaboration activities with other AWAL teams and stakeholders
- Generates reporting and analysis on Digital Supply Chain
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in a Digital Music Operations, Distribution, or Supply Chain role with hands-on experience with digital supply chain processes and content management systems including Label Copy, Metadata and Asset Management systems
- A track-record of successfully building and managing operational relationships with digital music partners
- Familiarity with content management systems (e.g. iTunes Connect and Spotify)
- Familiarity with delivery via DDEX ERN
- A self-sufficient self-starter with a can do attitude who enjoys taking ownership
- A proactive problem solver who relishes in operational challenges, creating robust resolutions and processes
- A confident people person with the ability to communicate calmly, effectively and proactively at all levels when handling complex and time sensitive matters
- An individual who is looking to develop both personally and professionally, challenging the status quo and looking to improve on existing processes, optimising revenue for our artists.
- Meticulous attention to detail and advanced analytical skills, particularly with regards to resolution of technical operational issues
- Someone who is super communicative and not afraid to ask questions
- Knowledge of Zendesk and SQL a bonus
- A passion for digital music and using technology to help more music reach more people
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
What members of the team say:
“I like working at AWAL because I’m able to work with multiple departments across the label. I love getting involved in a wide range of projects that benefit the organisation as well as developing my skill set. Also, I enjoy knowing that my work is helping independent artists and making a difference to their lives.” – Natalie Chong, Coordinator, Digital Supply Chain
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.