Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney. The company’s catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Santigold, and Tori Amos.
Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios, AVL Digital Group and SongtrustⓇ, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
We are hiring an Executive Assistant to support both our COO and SVP, Business Development in all facets of their day to day activities. This is an incredible opportunity to be at the intersection of music and technology in a fast-growing global organization. The right candidate will be at the front lines of the business, utilizing their skills to ensure our executive management can focus on the most critical issues of the day.
What you will do:
- Provide general administrative support to the COO and General Counsel of the company
- Coordinate and preparing agendas/information for meetings, collecting and finalizing materials and ensuring the COO and GC are fully prepared for any meetings
- Greet clients and reserving meeting rooms
- Track expenses and submitting monthly expense reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage and coordinating diary’s and prioritizing appointments as appropriate
- Help create and organize marketing materials for various meetings
- Coordinate travel both Domestic and International
- Coordinate all Manager Meetings including ordering any catering, Audio/Visual, Video Conference, etc
- Maintain confidentiality across all tasks and communications
- Update contacts and databases
- Assist with the organization of office events
- Act as point of contact for the COO and SVP, dealing with all phone and email inquiries, appointment booking (including internal and external), meeting coordination, etc
- Ad hoc admin support as needed across all departments
- Someone with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Confident and friendly
- Highly proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), Google Suite, Apple Mac OS, in addition to being internet savvy.
- Able to handle confidential information with highest level of professionalism and discretion
- “Can Do” attitude and desire to be around creative people
- At least 1-3 years of prior administrative/executive assistant experience for a senior-level executive
- Able to manage meetings with people from different corners of the world
- Extremely organized with remarkable attention to detail while working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experienced in the music industry a plus
Why you want to work here:
- The chance to work in our amazing loft office in SoHo, NYC
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.