ICMP is the global trade body representing the music publishing industry worldwide.
ICMP’s membership spans 64 national trade associations across Europe, North and South America, Africa, Australasia, the Middle East and Asia, as well as the leading Major and Indie music companies. We defend the rights of approximately 90% of the world’s published music.
Among ICMP’s missions are to serve its members’ interests as a global network; defend the copyright of the world’s songs and compositions as well as that of our members’ songwriter and composer partners; advocate to international institutions; realise an optimum environment for music to thrive; consolidate global positions on music industry issues.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and global trade body which works across many international institutions and companies.
The issues involved are complex, sensitive, fascinating and topical, set primarily in legislative, commercial and political contexts.
The role is based in our European Office in Brussels, multi-faceted and with a global remit. Commencing ideally in October.
- Ensuring and delivering the efficient functioning of the head office of a trade body with global membership.
- Serving as a central, professional point of contact for ICMP’s ‘internal network’ i.e. member companies worldwide and national trade groups, as well as external stakeholders e.g. international institutions, industry stakeholders, media.
- Working directly to support ICMP’s Director General, executive, legal and events staff.
- Implementing projects, conference, scheduling, planning, travel arrangements and organisation.
- Managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Correspondence with internal and external points of contact.
- Input support and maintenance of the organisation’s databases.
- Act as an office manager by keeping up with office supply inventory.
- Be the efficient ‘hub’ of the organisation, its membership and its network.
Required academic qualifications & experience
- B.S. in management, business administration or a related field.
- 3+ years administrative support or executive assistance experience.
The successful applicant will have:
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- An uncompromising eye for detail.
- Ability to demonstrate the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality when interacting with senior industry executives
- Warm and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- A ‘delivery’ mindset. Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Advanced MS Office experience and proven proficiency with Excel.
- Skills in design software a competitive advantage.
- Experience in accounting, payroll, or finance preferred.
- First class time management skills. Able to work to tight deadlines and adapt to changing ones.
- A drive to make a central contribution to a growing organisation.
- A passion for music!
- A constant professional attitude of ‘how can we do that better?’ is a must.
Language and communication skills
Excellent written and spoken skills in English. Proficiency in other languages, particularly French or Spanish, would be an advantage.
Initial outline of terms
- Negotiable based on experience.
- The contract will be full time, open-ended and the terms of employment will be as a service agreement.
- A compensation package including holiday pay and performance-related bonuses.
- Travel required on occasion (sometimes at short notice; both short and long distance).
How to apply
- Your professional CV (max. 2 pages; in .PDF format) and;
- A cover letter (max. 2 pages; in .Doc format)
Subject line: ‘Application: ICMP Executive Assistant’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for receipt of application: Friday 8 October 2021, 2pm CET.
Due to the volume of applications, we ask for your understanding that only shortlisted applicants may be contacted.