Music Associate – Multiple Offices (Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY)
Fox Rothschild LLP has an opening in multiple offices for a music associate in our Entertainment and Sports Law Department. The ideal candidate will have three to five years of experience in the music industry. We are not accepting resumes from search firms for this position at this time.
Juris Doctorate (JD) required. The candidate must be licensed to practice in the state where the office resides.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience with a major label or publisher business affairs office and/or experience with a recognized music industry law firm.
- Familiarity with recording contracts, various publishing contracts, side artist agreements, producer agreements, songwriting agreements, merchandising agreements, tour and tour-related agreements, management agreements, influencer/brand endorsement agreements, operating agreements and/or partnership agreements.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to summarize agreements and present them in spreadsheet form.
- Ability to review documents as part of the due diligence process of catalog acquisitions on the buy or sell side.
- Ability to work with and coordinate copyright due diligence and trademark searches, with the assistance of IP counsel.
- Working knowledge of entertainment-related financing.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment including, but not limited to computers, telephones, printers, and copiers.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation & Benefits:
The salary range for this position applies to California and New York. The salary range reflects a variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to experience, education, licensure and/or certifications, geographic location, market demands, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for a position. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this position is $205,000 to $250,000.
For information on Fox Rothschild’s compensation and benefits visit: Compensation & Benefits (foxrothschild.com)
Fox Rothschild LLP is under no obligation to provide sponsorship for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities, or requirements the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional duties. Additionally, management reserves the right to review and revise the job description at any time. Employment with the firm is at-will. Employees must be able to satisfactorily perform all of the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. If an accommodation request would cause an undue hardship or a safety concern, the individual may not be eligible for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer – vets, disability