We are looking for a Copyright specialist to work with us on the continuing development of our royalty accounting platform, IRIS. This is a great opportunity to help set a new standard in copyright management software for the music publishing industry and work with our developers to continue to enhance world class application. You will be responsible for being the company expert on copyright definition, registration and management. As such, expect to be working with clients helping them to identify best practice and helping them make the most of IRIS. You should have a deep knowledge of publishing copyrights, registration processes, IP transfer and neighbouring rights on a worldwide basis. As you will be working with software development teams any knowledge of software development would be a bonus. You’ll be expected to participate and represent the company at the various standard setting forums around the world.
At Synchtank we are building SaaS platforms that are changing the way in which digital IP is being used and monetised as a pureplay software developer. Our Asset management and Royalty Accounting platforms build on 10 years of company experience in music, media and broadcast sectors. We are looking for people to join us in helping to redefine the way the sector works allowing content owners from the bedroom artist to large corporates to maximise the value of their investments. We run an open and transparent organisation that works fully remote ensuring our staff can fit company requirements into their lifestyles as far as possible. Our rapidly growing suite of products and customers offers great potential for you to rapidly expand skills and look for new opportunities to deploy them.
- Working with Synchtank clients to help onboard their catalogues
- Working with clients on new registrations and troubleshooting issues with them ensuring that they get maximum value from IRIS
- Working with our software development team to optimise the representation of rights on the Synchtank platforms
- Defining new UI paradigms that make the management of copyrights quicker and more efficient
- Managing and defining the copyright registration processes working to optimise and automate the processes.
- Participating and representing Synchtank at industry bodies such as CISAC, IFPI and others
- Educating the team on copyrights, CWR and registrations
- Participating in the development of new CWR and DDEX publishing standards and ensuring Synchtank is represented at these bodies.
- Occasional backup to our Royalties specialist when required due to workload requirements.
- Working with our sales and account management team to identify and specify new product opportunities.
- Five to ten years experience of managing large publishing catalogues with international rights
- Experience of working with copyrights in the media industry (Film, TV & broadcast)
- Five to ten years experience of registrations with global CMO’s and the processes that they use
- Technical knowledge of CWR 2.1, 2.2 and 3.0 and how to use the standard
- Knowledge of DDEX a definite plus
- Experience of Counterpoint and other rights management systems
- Knowledge of software development process a plus
- Experience of royalty processes required
- Ability to work multiple time zones (EU, UK, EST, PST)
- Comfortable working with clients helping to build good professional relationships
- Remote working position – located in UK, US EST or PST
How to Apply
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, send your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your salary expectations and telling us why you are the right person to join our team to email@example.com
As an equal opportunity’s employer, Synchtank is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.