Role: Group Royalties Manager
Reporting to: Head of Royalties
Salary: dependent on experience + benefits
Working Hours: 9:30am – 6.00pm (1 hour lunch break)
Location: 1 Bevington Path, London, SE1 3PW
Apply: with a CV and covering letter, with current salary details to: email@example.com
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices, all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers. Our global operation has approx. 300 employees with 100 employees based in the UK.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity, and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
The Group Royalties Manager role is primarily responsible for the day to day running of the royalties team and with that the processing and distribution of label and Artist statements for the [PIAS] Group. The effectiveness of the role is critical to meeting our various royalty deadlines and providing royalty information to management for the performance analysis. The role reports directly into the Head of Royalties.
- Managing a team of 6 (3 direct reports) to ensure the accurate set-up and maintenance of client data and repertoire royalty conditions within our group royalty system, Counterpoint’s Record Maestro.
- Overseeing the collection and processing of all income streams such as physical, digital, neighbouring rights and third-party licensing income.
- Overseeing the processing and distributing of monthly and biannual label and artist statements.
- Ensuring correct Recoupable Costs are applied to statements once received from the various territories’ finance teams.
- Liaising with Business Affairs and Management to ensure accuracy within our reporting.
- Leading the analysis of income and reporting streams and ensure all processes are reviewed according to the outcomes of the analysis.
- Manage ad-hoc projects to improve efficiency of royalty process including analysis project on allocation of various income streams.
- Support the Head of Royalties with general royalty and audit tasks.
- Build and sustain an efficient flow of royalty data to the Finance teams worldwide.
- Provide any additional analysis required by Management, the Financial Controller or Head of Royalties.
Experience of processing royalties (5 years minimum)
Experience in people managing with multiple direct reports
Experience in designing and implementing royalty processes
Excellent Excel skills
High mathematical standard
Organised and methodical with good attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines and work under own initiative
- Experience of Counterpoint’s Record Maestro