Head of Syncs & Brand Partnership Because Music and London Records, UK
- Direct report to the Manager Director of Because Music Ltd
- Functional report to Because Group Head of Sync
More than 4 years experience, with a solid network among the sync community
Competitive depending on experience
Job description :
- Create, develop & maintain relationships with all levels of producers, creatives and executives at ad agencies, brands, production companies, music supervisors, directors, editors etc.
- Pro-actively pitch the Because Music and London Records catalogues to ad agencies, film companies, production companies, editors, directors and music supervisors in order to secure synchronization opportunities for the catalogue.
- Negotiate and close new incoming synch requests whilst maximizing the value of the masters
- Maintain good relationships and regular communication with all clients, including but not limited to artists as well as their management and representative
- Liaise with the French office, artists and their representatives to secure approvals for sync deal terms and brand campaigns
- Develop strong working relationships with the sync team, key Because product and marketing managers
- Proactively create and implement synch strategies based on single and album timelines
- Work in partnership with licensing admin team to ensure information is all correct prior to go to license, to chase up fully executed licenses and payments from ad agencies, film companies, production companies, editors, directors and music supervisors
- Create pitch reports and market activity updates for the wider sync team
- Initiate, create and share themed creative playlists for the UK Market
- Prospect brands for partnership or endorsement deals
- Maintain relationship with our UK sub-publisher on common projects
- Develop bespoke work
- Promote the new library catalogue in UK
The Because Group was created in 2005 by Emmanuel de Buretel (founder of Delabel records and Delabel Publishing, former CEO of EMI Continental Europe) and is active in music production, music publishing, touring, venues and festivals.
It is one of the leading independent music groups in Europe with artists such as Christine and the Queens, Metronomy, Major Lazer, Sebastian, Justice, Django Django, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Manu Chao and many more.
In 2017, the Because Group acquired London Records from Warner Music Group (Bananarama, Happy Mondays, Shakespears Sisters, Fine Young Cannibals, Jimmy Somerville, Bronski Beat,…)
Because Music UK won the Independent Label of the Year award at the MBW A&R Awards 2016 and Label of Year at the AIM Music Awards 2017.
In 2018 Because Music opened its Los Angeles office.
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would be suitable.
Closing date: 1st December 2019
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com