As a Junior Manager, Artist Development (Hip Hop and R&B), you will be the first point of contact and maintain day-to-day relationships for a wide range of artists, managers and producers but with focus on R&B and Hip Hop.
You will be responsible for all the administrative and operational tasks for our North America based projects as well as deliver best practice advice across all aspects of campaign planning and release. Based in our new Los Angeles office, the role reports directly into the Head of Canada, AWAL and will work closely with Artist Development teams across New York, Toronto and London.
It’s a very exciting time for the company as a whole, and particularly within the Artist Development team which supports a significant base of emerging and established artists and some of the hottest records being released right now. At AWAL we do things differently and are well placed to make the most of the changing face of the industry.
The ideal candidate is results-driven and ambitious with an operationally focused mindset. We are also looking for a passionate music fan with expert knowledge of Hip-Hop and R&B and has a natural ability to build lasting relationships. And finally, it’s important you are a collaborative team player but with a humble approach focussed on getting results in innovative and forward-thinking ways.
WHAT DOES A JUNIOR MANAGER, ARTIST DEVELOPMENT AT AWAL DO?
- Manage a roster of priority independent artist and label clients that the creative team has brought in, or that have developed through the AWAL community
- Lead the client on-boarding process in collaboration with A&R, integrations and other teams where necessary
- Liaise with internal departments, from Commercial Partnerships, Operations, Finance, Legal and Management to ensure all clients’ business needs are satisfied
- Provide advice, support, analysis and best practices with release planning, scheduling, and submission of pitch materials and updates
- Liaise with the Global Commercial Partnerships team for representation and submission of priority projects to the digital music services for playlisting and placements
- For some higher-profile campaigns, develop campaign strategy, marketing initiatives and facilitate the hiring of third-party services
- Perform regular roster audits and evaluate those partners that should be up streamed for broader services and identify those who can be streamlined
- Represent AWAL and support clients by attending live shows and events
- Compile and provide reporting and feedback to internal stakeholders as required
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with client teams and serve with Kobalt’s core values including transparency and flexibility
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in a role with focus on artist marketing and release strategy with a broad knowledge in the Hip Hop/R&B genres
- A strong understanding of the digital market, digital platforms and the social landscape
- Experience in similar administrative roles where analytical skills and having an eye for detail is critical
- Track record of maintaining and establishing internal and external relationships and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- An organized self-starter with the capacity to manage a varied and often intense workload
- Resourceful and proactive as well as an expert trouble-shooter
- Strong proficiency with GSuite tools
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
What members of the team say:
“Having worked at a major label before coming to AWAL, it’s truly inspiring to work for a company that is forward thinking, transparent, and keeping the artist’s best interest at the forefront of everything. AWAL has broken the old-school music business wide open and is a true disruptor on how to advance artists’ careers in this modern age of music marketing and distribution.” – Phil McDonald – Director, Artist Development
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.