Reporting to the Head of Legal & Global Digital Licensing in London, the Legal & Business Affairs Assistant will be an essential part of a small legal team, and will be heavily involved in the day to day administrative issues of the legal department and AMRA in general.
AMRA is the first of its kind — a global digital music collection society, built on technology and trust. AMRA is designed to maximize value for songwriters and publishers in today’s digital age, while providing the highest level of transparency and efficiency. Through cutting edge technology and a direct global digital collections model, AMRA is able to optimize digital revenue collections across all platforms, with full transparency to its clients.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES OF A LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS ASSISTANT AT AMRA?
- Supporting AMRA’s writer member acquisitions by:-
- Liaising with potential AMRA writer members to give them information on AMRA’s benefits, opportunities and services
- Compiling and sending offer letters and term sheets
- Negotiating and drafting standard writer membership agreements
- Carrying out all administrative tasks necessary to ensure the successful onboarding of new AMRA writer members, and managing payments
- Liaising with AMRA colleagues to ensure that new writers are correctly registered as AMRA members, together with their songs
- Keeping up to date lists of writer members, deal terms, monitoring writer advance recoupment and providing updates on “in progress” writer negotiations to the management team
- Providing first point of contact for writer members to ensure their needs are being met and to identify any legal / contractual issues
- Supporting AMRA’s digital licensing services by:-
- Drafting contract summaries
- Carrying out all administrative tasks necessary for efficient maintenance of digital deals
- Drafting standard amendment agreements
- Drafting standard agreements with smaller digital service providers (DSPs)
- Maintaining up to date rate card for each DSP
- Assisting Head of Legal in carrying out company secretarial tasks
- Managing and supporting AMRA colleagues in international matters (agreements with overseas societies etc.)
- Assisting with other day-to-day legal matters that arise within the organisation both internally and externally
- Otherwise assisting the Head of Legal and Global Digital Licensing, Legal & Global Digital Licensing Manager, and CEO as required
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Law graduates, experienced paralegals, as well as newly qualified lawyers
- Should be confident and have a friendly, outgoing personality to be able to interact with AMRA’s clients / licensees, and should also be highly organised and detail orientated in order to accurately carry out the legal work involved
- Experience dealing with music industry legal agreements, preferably in a songwriter, music publishing or collection society setting is desirable but not essential
- An interest in music (and the digital music market) is essential
- Willingness to learn and to make the most of an opportunity to be immersed in a complex and constantly evolving area of the music industry
- Based near Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Working hours are 9.30am-6pm
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer.AMRA is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
AMRA MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE| Contractually 25 days, however AMRA closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE| Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION| Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION| AMRA comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 2% of qualifying earnings if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
TRAVEL INSURANCE| Business travel insurance cover.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates offered for 12-month memberships at Nuffield Health or
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OFSNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS| Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE| Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
PENSION| Staff can select to move to salary sacrifice and benefit from a 2.5% – 5% company matched contribution.
TRAVEL INSURANCE| Personal travel insurance, individual or family cover.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME(eligible after 1 month of service)| Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME| In partnership with Evans Cycles