Location: Haggerston, London
Reporting into: GM
Job Type: Full Time
NCS is an independent record label based out of London UK, working with artists from around the world. A few names of which are; Alan Walker, Sub Urban, Unknown Brain, Syn Cole, Koven and many more. We release predominantly electronic/pop music and other electronic genres such as House, Future Bass, Trap, Dubstep, Drum & Bass and more.
What makes NCS different is that we allow and encourage content creators to use NCS releases for free on their YouTube video content, without the risk of a claim or a strike. This is an unconventional model to the traditional label industry that doesn’t allow content creators to use their music freely. The benefit of this model is that it allows us to get more exposure for our music by user-generated content on YouTube. If someone watches a video on YouTube and enjoys the music, they may then go and listen on Spotify, iTunes etc which is where ultimately the label and the artists profit.
At NCS we are looking to expand our team with individuals that are Passionate, Efficient, Innovative, Open-minded, Growth-orientated.
We are looking for a confident self-starter, able to negotiate and draft basic contracts and to efficiently run associated contract administration in a busy environment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Negotiating, drafting and sending agreements to include: flat fee and royalty-based artist/3rd partyagreements, publishing waiver agreements, partnership agreements, licence agreements etc. – Reviewing contracts to identify contractual commitments and restrictions and create summary documents in accessible non-legal language to be shared with the wider team.
- Updating internal databases and summary documents to ensure key information is clearly presented for all users
- Monitoring artist option dates and drafting option exercise notices
- Monitoring licence expiry dates and drafting licence extension agreements
- Working with our wider team to clear repertoire for use in campaigns, as compilations, premium items and sync use in film/TV/ad campaigns
- Working with our lawyer and independently managing legal disputes and agreements
- Be a Law Graduate or a Masters in Law, minimum 2:1
- Have studied law, preferably intellectual property law or entertainment law, with experience of drafting, reviewing and amending commercial contracts
- Have excellent organizational skills, impeccable attention to detail, possess clear and confident communication skills, work well under pressure and be able to prioritize workload in a dynamic environment
- Be extremely forward-thinking in terms of streamlining processes with workflows and delegating – Preferably be familiar or willing to learn legal database administration and spreadsheets
- Have common sense, the courage to ask for help when uncertain, and the capacity to think creatively are strengths we would value.