Downtown Music Holdings is a global company that owns, manages, and develops businesses with a vision for a more equitable and innovative music ecosystem.
With operations across North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and Latin America, we are the world’s leading provider of end-to-end services to artists, songwriters, labels, music publishers and other rights holders. Through our portfolio of companies — Downtown Music Publishing, Songtrust® and the AVL Digital Group — we manage millions of music copyrights, with a catalog that spans more than 100 years of popular music and the single largest independent sound recording catalog in the industry.
Our integrated platforms help democratize global music rights management and simplify the distribution, monetization, and promotion of creative works.
We are seeking a Manager of Financial Reporting to join our team in the New York office. This role will focus on accounting, financial reporting, and FP&A for a group of Downtown’s portfolio businesses. This role will report into the VP of Finance for Downtown’s holding company, but will also work closely with the Controllers and senior management members at each portfolio business. The ideal candidate possesses a CPA or equivalent accreditation, has 4+ years’ experience mixed between public accounting and private industry, and thrives in a fast-paced and agile organization.
What you will do:
- Hold the Controllers for each portfolio business accountable for producing timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and accurate financial information (i.e. trial balances, income statements, balance sheets, and cash flows).
- Perform analytics on the financial statements of the portfolio businesses and work with respective Controllers to ensure accuracy, completeness, and understand drivers of underlying performance.
- Own the process of aggregating the results and KPIs of individual businesses into consolidating financial packages for reporting back to management.
- Maintain the bank model under which the portfolio businesses operate and advise on cash-flow planning.
- Act as a resource for the Controllers for each business to advise on any technical accounting matters that arise.
- Play a significant role in the annual financial statement audit process as they relate to any of the portfolio businesses, including the proper accounting treatment and disclosure surrounding significant transactions.
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses when requested by either senior management of portfolio businesses or the VP of Finance.
- Execute the monthly management KPI reporting process, including budget-to-actual analysis and explanations of variances.
You are / have:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related area of study.
- Possess a CPA or equivalent accreditation.
- 4+ years’ experience, with at least 2 years in public accounting in a financial statement audit capacity, as well as private industry experience in a financial reporting function. Experience with multi-national consolidations is a plus.
- Willingness to travel from NYC to Portland and/or Los Angeles on a semi-regular basis.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel – pivot tables, sumifs, and index/matches are second nature for you. A big plus if you have skills with Excel macros, Power Query, Power Pivot, or Power BI.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Numerically obsessed, highly meticulous, and organized
- Accountable and take ownership of projects you undertake
- Analytical and curious — you ask a lot of questions
- Ability to communicate financial information in a clear, professional manner
Why you want to work here:
- An opportunity to work with some of the most talented professionals in the music industry in a casual and welcoming environment
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Frequent interactive presentations, office-wide breakfasts/lunches, birthday celebrations, and other special events
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.