We are seeking someone knowledgeable about music publishing administration and record label administration rights to fill a new role where you would be inspired to share your relevant experience in music along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
This position requires someone with the ability to create and manage detailed internal rights databases, correspond with our publishing administrator, as well as other licensing / creative staff. Broad knowledge of various music publishing and label departments (e.g. Copyright, Royalties, Income Tracking, Streaming, and Synch licensing) would be beneficial but not required.
Full time/Part time
- Experience: 5 years
- A demonstrated ability working in licensing administration roles within the music industry, ideally within music publishers, collecting societies and/or digital music services
- Experience registering compositions at PROs, the LOC, HFA and MRI (streaming licensing), resolving split disputes, creating and maintaining internal databases, registering sound recordings at the LOC, etc.
- An unwavering attention to detail, paired with excellent partnership management and interpersonal skills
- Tenacious about accurate data, with concise written and verbal communication skills
- An independent self-starter
- We’ll expect you to be meticulous in researching and recording of ownership information, and frequently audit the accuracy of your data and the data of licensees
- An interest in learning all aspects of various departments within music publishing administration and label administration