Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing. Our platform represents more than 150,000 users worldwide and we are growing at a rate faster than any other publisher ever. Our platform has enabled the collection of royalties from over 20,000 unique sources in over 120 countries.
Songtrust is seeking a Manager, Royalty Processing to join their growing team. The perfect candidate has experience with managing the process of ingesting worldwide vendor statements into our royalty database. The role will also manage 4-5 royalty processing coordinators, ensure that they are properly prioritizing their workload, and review the accuracy of what has been processed.
- Daily management of royalty processing team and deadlines
- Management of processed statement data and prioritization
- Processing & reviewing of advanced statements
- Inbound statement organization
- General royalty-based client inquiries and adjustments
- Suspense and error income maintenance
- Quarterly reconciliations, data transfers, and interim calculation runs
- Maintain royalty procedure and system documentation
- 3-5 years music publishing experience in a royalty processing role
- Management and team-training experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- SQL and Microsoft Access experience a plus
- A strong command of Counterpoint Music Maestro a plus
- A strong analytical background and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high productivity environment with tight deadlines
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and exceptional teamwork skills
- Passion for music, numbers and details
Why you want to work here:
- The chance to work in our amazing loft office in SoHo, NYC
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Songtrust’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.