WMA exists to create impactful results for its partners across the digital space. We connect brands, artists and audiences through the convergence of digital media, from music and entertainment, to lifestyle and technology. The WMA network is highly experienced and extends globally, with bases in London, New York, LA, Nashville and Melbourne, to provide a fully integrated digital service. By building strong relationships and original engagements we work to create something truly memorable for our clients.
Current WMA clients: Republic Records, Interscope Records, RCA, FUGA, Netflix, Amazon.
Current/recent Marketing Clients: Sony Japan, The Orchard, Riser House, Spindle Music.
WMA is looking for an experienced Marketing Strategy Manager to join the global team, based in LA. The individual is expected to bring creative Marketing expertise, with proven experience in delivering first class marketing campaigns within the music industry and be fully immersed in the ever-changing digital landscape. The position will support the global Marketing Strategy team, executing high quality campaigns for WMA’s clients, which will include artists, labels, brands and other entertainment businesses.
- Manage a variety of Marketing Strategy projects and clients, whilst working with key stakeholders to deliver campaign support and ideation in line with the overall marketing objectives.
- Create and execute exciting and innovative marketing strategies for clients whilst ensuring all stakeholders are kept informed and objectives are kept front of mind.
- Maintain up-to-date marketing plans, timelines and project documents for each project, regularly communicating updates and news across key stakeholders (both internally and externally).
- Assist with pitches for playlist consideration (either directly using appropriate tools or providing the relevant information to the distributor/label team as needed).
- Manage influencer marketing campaigns – either working directly with influencer or through partnering with 3rd party agencies.
- Able to write creative briefs for assets (video tools, outdoor and promotional advertising, marketing one-sheets, or social creative assets).
- Copywriting in correct tone of voice for official sites, e-newsletters and tools including marketing one-sheets.
- Manage the entire campaign life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities of assigned roster.
- Support artist development with a fresh approach and creative strategies for all projects, that can be implemented for little or no budget.
- Propose creative ways to engage and develop online communities.
- Have an eye on trends and developments and be immersed in the music marketing world.
- Have a strong handle on all major social platforms including and not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest and Spotify.
- Have an understanding of email marketing, digital merch sales and ticketing/touring/live streams.
- Confidently work with all relevant team players such as artist, management, label, live, pluggers etc to execute plans effectively.
- Build and maintain relationships with local partners (DSPs, media outlets, blogs and influencers) to ensure they are aware of relevant WMA clients.
- Attend industry networking events and livestreams, to integrate into the community and help bring in new business.
- Drive innovation to position artists, brands and WMA as industry leaders.
- Work closely with the other departments within WMA to offer a bespoke streamlined service, amplify activity and refer new business.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and passion for traditional, digital and social marketing tactics and trends within music and entertainment. Immersed in this world and on top of both best practices and new innovations.
- Ability to work across multiple genres and a variety of different artists (independent and major label).
- Ability to multi-task in a high energy environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst keeping open and clear communication
- with the global Marketing team.
- Creative thinker and a self-starter. Highly motivated.
- Proficient with budgets and mindful of efficient money management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Paid Media strategy and ad offerings.
- Ability to work with a broad range and level of people; to share and convey
- updates, ideas and vision with clarity and tailored to the audience.
- Excellent relationship building skills – get to know clients including artists and management in a friendly but professional way, maintaining credibility.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude at all times. • Excellent communication skills – verbal & written.
- Excellent people skills – confident & proactive.
- Team player – cross departmental teamwork required.
- Can take on and solve problems in an effective, positive, calm manner.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in marketing within the music industry, ideally within a major or independent label, distributor or management team.
- Experience working within a high energy environment, working with team members of different levels.
- Proven experience of delivering creative and strategically driven marketing campaigns.
- Experience dealing with artists and managers in a professional environment.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing data to provide insight and deliver
- Ideally graduate level with a degree in a relevant field.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING WITH?
- The Global Director of Marketing Strategy
- The Global Marketing Team
- Directly with clients to discuss briefs, campaigns, timings and budgets
- The Global Social and PR Teams
- Social Creative Design Teams
- Artists / Bands (major to unsigned) and Brands
- Interns & other teams at WMA
Salary: Competitive. Dependent on experience.