At AWAL it is our mission to partner with independent artists to tell stories that shape culture, and we represent a wide-ranging roster of exciting emerging talent as well as more established artists and labels from all over the world. We support artists to develop their careers within the AWAL ecosystem, including advising them on release strategies and best practices, and building bridges between them and the AWAL A&R teams.
This position is based in the growing AWAL team in New York. You’ll need to be passionate about delivering the latest music industry best practice advice to these developing artists and labels. You’ll be supporting them to deliver their releases into our system, responding to their queries, and in some instances providing proactive advice and support to the more developed projects alongside the wider AWAL team. You will ideally have a good working understanding or direct experience of using digital music services and distribution platforms, with a deep passion for music and a client-centric mindset with strong communication skills.
WHAT DOES A MEMBER SUPPORT ASSOCIATE DO AT AWAL?
- You serve as the first point of contact for the AWAL members on their individual campaigns and release set-up
- You help AWAL artists to use and get the best from the AWAL tools such as our Product Uploader, Analytics tools and the AWAL app
- You support the artists and labels with the quality control process for their new releases to ensure efficient and successful distribution as well as answer questions coming in from members on the day to day running of their business
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERTISE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a good working knowledge of the digital music industry, with prior hands-on experience of using digital music services and digital distribution platforms
- You have a tech-savvy mind-set having previously worked with client support ticketing systems (for example with Zendesk as that’s how we stay connected with the members)
- You are a customer-service focused individual, with strong written and verbal communication
- You recognise the importance of being organized and methodical and can demonstrate the ability to manage a large workload in a fast-paced environment with a growing roster of clients
- You have a genuine love for music and an understanding of how passionate AWAL’s members are about their careers and what makes artists ‘tick’
WHY CHOOSE US?
At AWAL we’ve prioritized creators since we first started. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. AWAL is the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers as we transform the way music is released by creating a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include Lauv, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Tom Misch, Jungle, Gabrielle Aplin, Kim Petras, Little Simz, FINNEAS, The Wombats, Bruno Major, You Me At Six and girl in red.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.