We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Music Licensing Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Manage a broad range of day-to-day clearance requests, from internal and external production clients, via multiple routes including the music licensing team email inbox and Soundmouse;
- Undertake sync licence negotiations with music rights owners to secure the optimum commercial and rights positions for Sky;
- Be responsible for key account management Sky’s commissioned programming (scripted and non-scripted), involving regular contact with independent production companies/music supervisors and handling their individual programming and licensing queries for UK transmission and worldwide sales and distribution
- Seek out and form effective relationships within key internal business areas: Sky Sports, Sky Entertainment and News, Sky Creative, Marketing – and externally, with our joint venture broadcast partners and advertising agencies and work closely on daily, business critical music clearance requests.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Sky Music Department to ensure the best inter-team collaboration and support mechanisms are in place, with a view to achieving great solutions together when issues arise;
- Ensure the smooth implementation and running of the Soundmouse licensing system to new users (internal and external), including raising support calls and identifying meaningful development items;
- Be undertaking ad-hoc analysis and tasks as required by the Music Department or directed by the Director of Music Services and deputising for the Head of Music Licensing as required
- Attend music/synch industry networking events to build on the great relationships/expand the network Sky already has in place with a plethora of music publishers and record companies;
- Skilled and proven negotiation skills with knowledge of UK record labels & music publishers and experience of working with music blanket agreements;
- A detailed knowledge of music copyright and understanding of music licensing agreements;
- Highly-organised skills with the capability to manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced broadcast/commercial environment with challenging edit/delivery deadlines;
- A clear and passionate understanding of Sky’s programming content and products;
- Established networking and great communication skills (both oral and written) – plus the ability to approach colleagues confidently, whatever their level in the business;
- Software skills – used MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Previous Soundmouse and PRS Repfinder experience is beneficial.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.