Sub Pop Publishing is seeking a Music Licensing Manager in our Los Angeles office.
We are looking for an individual who has great interpersonal skills, is a self-starter, is detail-oriented and has the ability to work in an open group environment.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Working to place the Sub Pop Publishing catalog in advertisements, TV, film, video games, web-videos, social media, podcasts, and more by soliciting and responding to music searches and licensing requests.
- Actively pitching our catalog in a manner tailored to the taste and project requirements of individual music supervisors, editors, filmmakers, and producers.
- Listening to and quickly learning a large catalog of material and applying that knowledge to searches/requests for material.
- Tagging, organizing and maintaining the audio storage system.
- Managing outstanding invoices and licenses.
- Logging all licensing activity and preparing biannual reports on such activity.
- Developing and maintaining relationships directly with music supervisors, ad agencies filmmakers, and other potential licensing contacts.
- Organizing and attending artist functions for music supervisors, ad agencies and others when appropriate.
- Sending out email blasts, playlists, show invites, and other forms of promotion.
- Assisting in quoting, clearing, negotiating, and preparing synchronization licenses.
- Some travel may be necessary.
- Two years working in a similar role within a label, publisher or licensing company
- Knowledge and passion for music in general is a must, as is familiarity with the Sub Pop Publishing catalog.
- Interest in music licensing, film and advertising.
- Competent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Positive attitude, good communication skills and an enthusiastic team spirit.
Supervisor: Director of A&R, Sub Pop Publishing
Sub Pop Publishing is the publishing division of Sub Pop Records, an independent record company based in Seattle, WA. This position is based in the Los Angeles office located in Atwater Village.
Please send resumes to Kara Mattaini (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 16th, 2019.