Sister companies Entertain Impact and eye2earmusic seek motivated NYC-based project coordinator with music industry administration experience and interest in social justice for temp-to-hire, part-time work. Both companies are socially-driven enterprises run by the same small team. See below on details for roles and responsibilities:
1. eye2earmusic Project Coordination:
- Sister companies Entertain Impact and eye2earmusic seek motivated NYC-based project coordinator with music industry administration experience and interest in social justice for temp-to-hire, part-time work closely with CEO/Founder Paul Katz on all music projects, which include music consultation for (a) multiple films, soundtrack albums and movie studios per year and (b) the launch of a digital distribution platform, record label, and music publishing company.
- Support music publishing and record business administration.
- Experience managing the administration of music projects is required. This may include experience in one or more of the following: music publishing, distribution, A&R project management, and music administration for film (reading cue sheets, label copy, key art approvals between production company and record label, etc).
- Support CEO in business development.
2. Entertain Impact Project Coordination:
- Work closely with Director Holly MacDonald on projects integrating pop culture and social good, supporting copy writing and research on celebrities interest in cause-oriented work.
- Execute detailed conference call notes.
- Support the Executive Assistant in general office administration.
- Basic knowledge of music publishing and licensing required.
- Knowledge in a diverse range of music genres, including hip hop, R&B, pop music, rock music, indie, etc a plus.
- Excellent with Google Sheets, Excel, and Google Docs.
- Required previous office experience. Must be comfortable talking on the phone.
- Ownership of some client communications, liaising between teams that may include production companies, record labels, etc.
- Excellent at working to deadlines and under pressure.
- Well organized, good at managing multiple projects.
- Detail oriented, understand basic music business concepts, and excellent communication skills.
- Keen and creative, independent, problem-solving skills.
- Skilled copy writer.
- Analytical thinker.
- Highly organized.
- Marketing and communications knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with prospect research a plus.
- Interest in social justice required.
- Pop-culture connoisseur, with interest in broad range of popular entertainment.
Ideal Project Coordinator will be able to support day-to-day administration across both fields of work, supporting the team in our multiple endeavors. Please submit a writing sample, resume, a cover letter detailing your experience in the music industry, and your favorite TED Talk. Submit to: email@example.com.
Eye2ear Music is the premier independent music advisor to the entertainment industry. Film credits include: 12 Years A Slave, Love & Mercy, On The Basis of Sex, Twilight, An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth To Power, and more. Made In Memphis Entertainment and Beatroot Distribution are also clients.
About Entertain Impact:
Entertain Impact is the leading cause influence agency. We advance philanthropy and social justice through campaigns that mobilize popular culture, entertainment, and celebrity. Creating positive social impact is our primary goal.