Looking for an experienced publishing lead for a company built by multi-platinum producers Linda Perry & Kerry Brown, that’s generated an industry reputation to be creative, fast, and hands-on across all levels. This will entail a hands on leadership role reporting directly to Linda Perry & Kerry Brown, as well as Peermusic.
- Liaising with MRO’s, managers and stakeholders on all copyright issues.
- Clearance and licensing of sound recordings and compositions for use in all areas of synchronization, sampling and name and likeness.
- High volume pitching catalog for film, tv, & brand usage
- Must have digital collection knowledge (Soundexchange, etc)
- Knowledge of release schedules to coordinate synchs or partners engagement.
- Ability to manage ingestion of new songs and catalogs into metadata system (Source Audio, Disco, etc)
- New deal implementation
- Title registrations at MRO’s and the Copyright Office
- Mechanical licensing and permissions
- Conflict resolution and data management
- Deal interpretation and processing
- This includes fielding requests from clients, securing necessary approvals, negotiating fees, drafting licenses, and issuing and collecting invoices.
- 10+ years of music industry experience in royalties, copyright, licensing and/or administration
- Staff management experience
- Strategic planning experience with an ability to communicate effectively at senior management level
- Experience of taking a senior role within new system implementation or development
- Ability to take their years of experience and mold them into an innovative company that is breaking normal protocol and rules.