AI/Music Tech startup AIMS is looking for an experienced Research Scientist who will help us scale our machine learning research and bring great product ideas to life.
Who are we:
We have built AIMS API – an AI music similarity search that our clients use to find the perfect music faster. We are a remote-first international team with an office in Prague, where we originally started AIMS as a spin-off of a recognised production music company. We are self-funded, and we have a growing list of clients using our technology.
Some of the most innovative, leading music companies in the world such as Universal Production Music or EMI Production Music and media companies such as the Spanish public broadcaster RTVE use AIMS to find the right tracks for audio-visual productions quickly and easily.
About the Research Scientist role:
As a member of our research team, you will be responsible for improving our core AI technology as well as enabling new product features. You will help us define and implement modern best practices and tools for our machine learning workflows. We work with great amounts of audio and text data and we need your insight and analytical skills to fully utilize their potential.
How you fit in:
- You have a Ph.D. degree in machine learning related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- You have a strong interest in Music Information Retrieval.
- You can work independently and take ownership of an entire machine learning project.
- You have a proven ability to analyze, process, and extract value from large amounts of data.
- You have an in-depth understanding of neural network architectures and you have experience in designing, implementing, and improving them.
- You can organize and maintain dataset versioning and experiment tracking systems and you have good knowledge of best practices in ML research.
- You have strong programming skills in Python.
- You have good knowledge of PyTorch or Tensorflow.
- You are familiar with development in Linux, using version control (Git), containers (Docker), and cloud platforms (AWS, GCP).
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Nice to haves:
- Publications in applied or theoretical machine learning and/or open-source contributions.
- You have experience in creating rich data visualizations.
- You have experience with relational databases and SQL.
- You are familiar with music theory and/or audio-visual production.
- Czech language is a plus but not necessary (our core team is based in Prague).
What we offer:
- Completely remote work possible, we also have an office in Prague, Czech Republic
- A small team of friendly and competent colleagues
- Opportunity to help expand new and exciting products at the intersection of AI/tech/music with clear use cases and a global client list
- Opportunity to learn more about Music Tech and apply your skills for a product used globally
Are you interested in shaping the future of music search? Our Head of Research Viktor is looking forward to hearing from you (and answering all your questions). You can send us your LinkedIn, GitHub, Kaggle or similar profiles as well.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Research Scientist”
5.00 PM (CET/GMT+2) Monday 7th December 2020.