Primary Wave Music Publishing was founded in 2006 and specializes in the acquisition and unique marketing of iconic and legendary music catalogs.
Over the years the company has acquired the copyrights of over 25,000 songs from the catalogs of legendary artists such as Bob Marley, Smokey Robinson, The Four Seasons, Whitney Houston, Paul Anka, Burt Bacharach, Sly & The Family Stone, Boy George & Culture Club, Glenn Gould, Count Basie, Tom Hamilton (Aerosmith), Tommy Shaw (Styx), Leon Russell, Bill Gaither, Boston, Dave Navarro, Donny Hathaway, Air Supply, Ray Charles, Thievery Corporation, and many others. As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of catalogs that not only reflect great songwriting, but moments of culture. Primary Wave has strategically grown over the last 14 years into a full-service music company that includes Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Publicity, Film/TV and commercial synchronization.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind who is eager to explore all aspects related to music-related royalties. The Royalty Manager is responsible for tracking incoming royalty reports from third parties and preparing outgoing statements to various royalty recipients. The Royalty Manager will work closely with the CFO, the Director of Copyrights & Royalties, and the finance and business affairs teams to ensure that our organization has the systems and procedures in place to analyze royalty data and produce accurate and timely reporting to our various artists and to our senior management team. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing royalty and participation statements for various songwriters, recording artists and estates
- Tracking writer advances to determine triggers for contractual options and payments
- Conducting desktop audits of incoming royalty reports to ensure proper reporting of income from third-party administrators and other royalty sources, including verifying royalty rates and performing continuity testing
- Analyzing key songs to ensure earnings are flowing properly through Digital Service Providers, Performing Rights Organizations, and other Collective Management Organizations.
- Ensuring contract terms are properly implemented in all downstream accounting processes.
- Liaising with our various third-party administrators to follow up on any discrepancies in royalty reporting
- Engaging third-party royalty audits and overseeing the timeliness and accuracy of audits in accordance with our rights
- Asserting ownership over unclaimed or wrongly claimed repertoire at PROs and other agencies
- Working with the Copyright and Royalties team to implement and maintain the copyright and royalty database system
- Reviewing workflows to drive continuous process improvements; act as a change agent to increase operational effectiveness
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, music publishing industry experience strongly preferred.
- Strong Excel skills and experience working in copyright databases essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy; ability to multi-task.
- Must be self-starter with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment.
We offer exceptional benefits, to our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer and an excellent career path. We provide one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including a healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays, and life insurance.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this great opportunity, please go to: http://ejob.bz/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27422500
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.