Los Angeles based Music Publishing and Creative Services company seeks experienced Sales/Licensing Rep for our extensive background instrumental, song, new artist catalogs and original music creative services. DL Music has been serving the creative needs of the Television, Film, Streaming, Advertising, Corporate, Gaming and Web-based Multimedia industries for over 25 years.
This Sales/Licensing Rep position will be responsible for growing licensing opportunities with existing clients, cultivating new clients, and securing placements for our music catalogs with new and emerging content opportunities.
* Must have at least 5 years Sales and Licensing experience with music catalogs *
- At least 5 years experience in music licensing.
- Strong relationships in Television, Film, Streaming, Advertising, Corporate and Digital Media music licensing required.
- Price point knowledge of different licensing and placement types.
- Creative understanding of how music and media work together.
- Ability to advise clients on music selections and creative fulfillment needs.
- Composer, musician, and/or music background a plus.
- Background in the business side of music a plus.
- Complete knowledge of cue sheet preparation and submission requirements.
- Strong understanding of performing rights organizations (PROs) and music rights’ clearance procedures, including writers, publishers, and master rights holders.
- High level of professional communication etiquette with ability to effectively interact with clients at all levels of an organization.
- Self starter with strong organization skills, high attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload and effectively manage time.
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Great ideas and a fresh eye on the music business welcome!
- Music lover!
- Negotiate, prepare and finalize license agreements.
- Negotiate, prepare and finalize creative service deals bundled with music.
- Maintain current client relationships.
- Proactively generate new leads and create pipeline of new clients with detailed follow up.
- Attend events and gatherings to meet and build relations.
- Maintain day to day involvement with current clients/projects using Company’s services.
- Create and send custom playlists in response to music search requests.
- Work with in-house composers and roster to produce demos, new releases and speculation projects.
- Work closely with in-house music coordinators to fulfill client music requests.
- Create and implement promotional and marketing campaigns for business development.
- Assist with newsletters, web postings and social media information updates and marketing campaigns.
- Refer new artists/composers to A&R team.
- Be actively involved in the A&R vetting process.
- Maintain relationships and look for growth opportunities with our international sub-publishing partners.