Senior Data Engineer
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
peermusic is the world’s largest independent music publishing and neighbouring rights administration company, operating from 38 offices in 31 countries.
The Global Tech team develops and maintains the core business applications and websites which allow peermusic’s Administration teams to manage millions of copyrights, and process billions of royalty statement lines for tens of thousands of clients around the world.
With rapid growth in the volumes of data available for analysis, we are creating a new data lake, warehouse, and BI platform in AWS to take the analytics available to staff to the next level. The Senior Data Engineer role will lead the creation of the new platform, working with the rest of the Global Tech team and power users.
This is a new role, with the opportunity to work in a green-field area. It will suit someone looking for a high degree of autonomy and wanting to make a big impact on a business. And, it’s a very interesting dataset!
- Explore, prototype, and implement the technologies needed to create a data platform.
- Design/develop/test data pipelines to integrate data from various sources into AWS data lake, and to transform data within the warehouse.
- Design and implement data warehouse models and marts to structure data for analysis purposes.
- Deploy BI/analytics tools over the data warehouse, for analysts to develop dashboards and reports.
- Collaborate with a globally-distributed team of developers, analysts, and power users to help peermusic get the most out of our data.
- Data engineering: Experience of designing and implementing data pipelines, integrations, and ETL/ELT between a variety of types of sources and targets.
- Design: Experience of architecting data lake and warehouse structures, and modelling data for analysis purposes.
- Data manipulation: Able to work with a variety of data formats (e.g. XML, JSON, CSV, Parquet, Avro, etc.) and perform basic analysis/manipulation. High proficiency in relational databases (i.e. SQL) is highly desirable, particularly MS SQL Server and AWS Redshift.
- Large data sets: Experience of working with multi-million or billion-row datasets, and the associated challenges and best practices.
- Technologies: Experience of the AWS data lake and warehouse services (e.g. Glue, Athena, Redshift) is particularly beneficial, as is experience of BI platforms like Metabase, Apache Superset, and Redash.
- Music industry: Knowledge and experience of the music industry, in particular the publishing sector, is desirable but not essential.
- Explorer; likes to research and learn, happy to work independently, enjoys problem-solving.
- Eye for detail; thorough, gets to the bottom of a problem, pays attention to the details, and ensures high-quality.
- Reliable; does what they say they will, when they say they will.
- Based from the peermusic London office, in Richmond, a couple of days a week.
- Flexibility required to hold or join meetings/calls with colleagues in different countries/timezones at early or late hours.
- Scope for travel to other peermusic offices.
For consideration, please send resume with a cover letter to email@example.com