Senior Executive Position Available (February 2022)
Position Music, Burbank, CA
Independent music publisher/label Position Music is hiring for a position on our synch team. Position Music was founded in 1999 and is located in Burbank, CA. Our current staff of twenty-nine is extremely passionate about music and supporting our artists. We offer competitive employee benefits, along with a friendly, casual work environment in a modern industrial office with recording studios and the biggest drum you’ve ever seen hanging from the ceiling.
Position Music is looking for a Senior level executive who has had a minimum of 5 years experience. The job requires a highly communicative, creative, experienced and team-oriented person. This future executive will be joining a 10-person synch and licensing team. LA or NY based preferred.
Responsibilities will include:
- Promoting Position’s catalog for use in advertising.
- Proactive communication with music supervisors, ad agencies, and edit/post houses – both existing relationships and willingness to develop new ones.
- Staying current on clients’ upcoming projects and advertising industry trends
- Networking in person and at industry events.
- Responding to incoming music briefs, inquiries and negotiating licensing and/or brand partnership deals.
- Helping with marketing strategies and distributing new music, artists, and news to Position’s growing client base.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about music and the advertising industry.
- Have a great “ear” for music intended for ads.
- Enjoy networking and socializing with clients and colleagues.
- Have a proven ability for strong follow-through and closing deals.
- Have excellent communication and written skills.
- Be detail oriented and focused.
- Be a team-player, forward-thinking, friendly and outgoing.
- Want to be a part of a steadily growing company and will find joy in customer service and helping our clients find the perfect song.
Potential applicants can submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.