Based in the City of London, C.C. Young & Co are one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors. C.C. Young & Co. provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients.
Over the past 24 years, C.C. Young & Co. has enjoyed continued growth and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, business management services for artists and managers, and royalty audits.
We are seeking a Senior Royalties Audit Assistant to join the team dealing with clients who are copyright holders such as record companies, publishers, writers, and composers.
JOB TITLE: Senior Royalties Audit Assistant
What you’ll do
- Support the Royalty Audit Manager in client recording and publishing audits. Reading and interpreting recording, publishing joint venture, and distribution agreements, analysing royalty statements, sales reports, and producing claims, as necessary.
- You will attend offsite audit visits to record labels or music publishers, as and when required.
- On hand to provide support and guidance as and when required, in respect of detailed analysis of client’s streaming income. Comparing streaming sales reported by the client’s record label with that reported by the client’s publisher. Using Excel pivot tables and other tools as necessary.
- There will be the opportunity to provide assistance in the Royalties Department with ad hoc projects that may arise.Skills & Qualifications you may have
- Music Industry, in particular royalties experience
- Ability to interpret agreements; and
- 3 years+ working at a music industry accounting firm, record label or music publisher.
Who you’ll be
- You will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a primary focus on Excel and Word.
- Great organisational skills:
- You’ll have a friendly, helpful attitude and be a team player;
- Strong attention to detail;
- “Go – with – the – flow” attitude i.e. ability to be able to change the plan in order to accommodate urgent matters which may occur during the day
- Some knowledge of Counterpoint Record Maestro or similar royalties software.
- You will have the ability to prioritise your workload, working to deadlines to produce accurate work whilst under pressure.
- A strong communicator with both colleagues and clients:
- Client Meetings (e.g., presenting result to management, communication with lawyers etc)
- Ability to use time in the office efficiently in order to achieve maximum level of productivity.
- Awareness of chargeable time vs non-chargeable time
- Ability to work to a budget; and
- Awareness of clients’ “ability to bear”.
C C Young & Co Ltd is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org