This 2023 Spring Internship is for college students in the Austin area looking for experience in the music industry. The Social/ Digital Media and Promotions Intern will play an active role in the growth and development of the GET SET Records online community. This is an opportunity to get hands-on experience working with a growing record label focused on managing our main artist, Martial Simon. GET SET Records is based in New York, and you will report remotely to our Label Manager in Austin. You will also need to attend one in person meeting per month.
Start Date – January 26, 2023
Finish Date – May 12, 2023
TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Help to grow the GET SET followers and listeners on all social networks and streaming platforms.
- Assist in the promotion of new releases, label events and shows through social media.
- Create social media content relevant to our listener and fan base that invites conversation and interaction.
- Post social media announcements, updates and responses to comments all in a timely manner.
- Analyze and report on social media posts and activity on a weekly basis.
- Attend weekly online meetings and a monthly in person meeting to discuss social media strategies, tasks and upcoming label releases.
- Conduct online research to assist with the collection of contact information for track promo mailing lists and marketing targets.
- Assist in maintaining our archive of digital images, videos and related music content.
- You are a passionate EDM fan with broad knowledge of music genres.
- You are very knowledgeable with mainstream social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube.
- You are aware of new trends in social media and the latest up and coming social apps.
- You are a creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working remotely in collaboration with our social/promo team.
- You have experience with Google Workspace, Excel, Google Drive, Dropbox.
- You are available to intern 10-15 hours per week and attend a monthly in-person meeting.
- You have your own computer and internet connection to complete assigned projects and tasks.
- You current enrolled in an accredited university near the Austin metropolitan area.
Candidates with the following will be given special consideration:
- Experience with Photoshop and InDesign.
- Students currently enrolled in at least their sophomore year pursuing a degree in advertising, public relations, marketing or music.
TO APPLY :
Send the following to intern@GetSetRecords.com by January 16, 2023 –
- Resume with links to your social media pages.
- Personalized letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this internship.
This is a non-paid internship. Valuable real-world music industry experience and class credit can be earned.
This is a rare opportunity in Austin so please highlight your experience and knowledge in conjunction with the above requirements.