Kobalt Neighbouring Rights is seeking a hard-working and motivated people-person to support our successful team managing our performer client roster at neighbouring rights societies around the world. The role predominantly involves general administrative work such as client and recording database maintenance, but the role offers a lot of autonomy so being highly organised and detail-oriented is essential.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to start a career in a fast-growing industry with one of the leading companies in this part of the music industry. Kobalt Neighbouring Rights (KNR) started in 2011 and we are offering a global service for artists and independent labels to collect their neighbouring rights income. Today, our team represents artists like Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, Sam Smith, Bruno Mars, Passenger, Taio Cruz, Pitbull, Icona Pop, John Newman, Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES A SOCIETY RELATIONS ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Preparing new client registration documents for societies globally
- Preparing documentation for roster maintenance at the applicable societies
- Maintaining internal & external databases to track registrations
- Ensuring all tasks are performed within agreed timelines and usually strict deadlines
- Assisting Society Relations team in any ad-hoc projects
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work accurately, independently, to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to track and monitor documentation processes in an efficient manner
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval