Title: Bilingual Account Manager
Department: Customer Services
Reports To: Manager, Account Management
Supervisory Role: No
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location: Washington, DC (hybrid)
SoundExchange is the premier music tech organization on a mission to power the future of music. It was independently formed in 2003 to build a fairer, simpler, and more efficient music industry through technology, data, and advocacy. The only organization designated by the U.S. government to administer the Section 114 sound recording license, SoundExchange collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of 650,000 music creators and growing. Through proprietary music tech solutions that turn data into accurate revenue, SoundExchange has paid more than $9 billion in distributions to date.
The Bilingual Account Manager processes incoming registrations and supplemental documents. This involves creating new accounts and making updates to existing accounts while providing excellent customer service to clients in English and Spanish. The Account Manager is expected to accomplish these duties in an efficient and accurate manner to provide clients with timely service and maximized pay-through rates.
- Evaluate and process new registrations by creating new accounts
- Update existing accounts by processing supplemental documents/tasks
- Provide excellent customer service via email and phone
- Meet minimum production and quality standards
- Conduct document completion or clarification outreach to clients
- Work on special projects (as needed)
- Assist with Support call overflow (as needed)
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs)
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook)
- Salesforce and/or database experience is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven capacity to work independently, think critically, multi-task, and report progress under tight deadlines
- Customer Service experience and/or knowledge of music genres preferred
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- BA or BS degree or applicable experience preferred
- This position requires the ability to spend all of the time viewing computer monitors
- This position has no travel requirements
At SoundExchange, we empower creators and help share the future of music. One way we do this is by respecting diverse voices, varied perspectives, and distinct backgrounds of all of our team members. We are intentional in creating an inclusive culture where we recognize that equity is greater than equality and all employees have the opportunities and support needed to thrive. We strive to create teams that reflect the music community we serve – every individual’s unique attributes and abilities are valued, and are part of how we innovate, create, and deliver experiences to the creators we champion.
Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.