Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney. The company’s catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Santigold, and Tori Amos. Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios, AVL Digital Group and SongtrustⓇ, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Downtown is seeking a Sync and Licensing Manager to join our team in the Amsterdam office. This position will report directly to our Head of Benelux – Creative.
What will you do:
- Pitch Downtown’s international catalogs to Amsterdam-based music buyers/ad agencies under the direction of the Head of Sync & Brand Partnerships, UK.
- Liaise with the French Sync department on approaching and pitching to Belgian Ad Agencies.
- Negotiate all sync licenses originating in Benelux for Dutch and Belgian clients and coordinate our New York Sync Licensing team for all other uses.
- Support Director of Global Client Services by sourcing approvals for European sync requests.
- Serve as the liaison between our European Sync Team and NY Licensing Team.
- Support our Head of Benelux/Creative in Business Development efforts by serving as a member of the global creative team in meetings and presenting our creative strategy to prospective clients.
- Attend Sync and other music events/conferences/concerts in Benelux to represent Downtown (such as Buma in Motion / ADE, Eurosonic Noorderslag).
- Travel to our international offices from time to time, as needed.
- 2+ years experience in Music Publishing Industry, preferably Sync / Licensing
- Must fluently speak, read, and write English
- Intermediate proficiency to speak, read, and write French, and/or willing to learn
- Fluency in Dutch preferred
Why do you want to work here:
- The chance to work in our new office in the Capital C building (Weesperplein)
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic global team
- Career growth opportunities
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and encourage all to apply.